Shipping to Canada/Mexico

Eggzotica
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

Why is it that when I click on the "create a mailing label" to send an item to Canada, I'm only offered Priority International or Global Express? For a small bubble envelope weighing a total of only 1.3 ounces, PayPal figures the shipping to be either $10.00 or $24.00. If I go to the Post Office (which is a major hassle and exactly what I want to avoid), it only costs one dollar and change. So is there a way to override the system if it offers only two options and neither one is right for you? (UPS and FedEx were way out of line for 1.3 ounces with no deadline for delivery.)

Many thanks in advance,

Gary

The Eggshell Sculptor, LLC

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You can't change anything that is offered through PayPal.  PayPal's online shipping is actually a 3rd party system which does not offer all the features USPS offers.   Your work around is simple, use USPS online.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Eggzotica
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks skier,

That's just what I'll do, and your rapid-fire response is most appreciated!

Best wishes,

Gary

Login to Me Too

Eggzotica
Contributor
Contributor

Well skier,

Not as simple as I thought. The USPS "Click and Ship" will do everything but 1st Class, either domestic or international. For 1st Class, the USPS steers you toward Pitney Bowes and several other pay-by-the-month, third party companies. In fact, the only method of shipping that the USPS doesn't offer online is 1st Class. It must not be worth it to them... I can't think of any other reason. I'm trying to get in position to be able to do all of my shipping labels online as I'm disabled and even if I weren't, the Post Office is difficult to get to, parking is expensive and a nightmare and there is always a huge line. So you have the gas to pay for, parking to pay for and two hours of work time lost.

Obviously, after spending a great deal of money on a very good scale, I'm not looking to sign up with Pitney Bowes or anyone else who might save one some time, but also costs quite a bit for the convenience. Any other suggestions, skier (or anyone else, of course)? I'm beginning to whine and I hate that!

TIA

Gary

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No worries!  Cheese and Crackers goes quite well with Whine.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

NJShibaOwner
New Community Member

You're right, it doesnt make sense that you can offer First Class International Mail on your auction, but when you go to print the label, you dont get that as a choice. Ebay claims it's paypal's fault (even though I though paypal was owned by ebay).

What you can do is download the USPS shipping assistant.

From here: https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do click where you see the note that says "To print a label without postage, please download USPS Shipping Assistant."

Install it, then you can print out the customs and shipping label. It doesnt print postage, but it does tell you how much postage to attach, so you can just put on stamps.

Not the most elegant solution, but I wasnt able to get anything out of Ebay.

John

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.