Shipping platform feedback

PayPal_Olivia

Hello everyone!

There has been a great deal of discussion about recent changes to the shipping platform. I want you to know that your feedback is very important to us! 

We'll be consolidating all of the feedback into this thread so it can be reviewed more easily. On-topic and productive feedback is always helpful, and I look forward to seeing further discussion in this thread.

Thank you for your participation!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

vickiwelsh
Contributor
Contributor

+1

I sure hope this change ws beneficial for Paypal because it's increased my time to prepare shipping labels! I have to log in TWICE? Who tested and approved this change? They should be fired.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Attempting to wade through the "new" ebay and PayPal shipping pages, without success, because I could not print labels properly, I tried out a few things. Posted about it, elsewhere.

Hope this helps us all. I read about changing your pre-approved payments through your profile. I went to "My Money" that came up when I clicked on the Profile area.

Then went to "My Pre-Approved Payments" area, and clicked on "Update". When the option for ebay came up, I deactivated it. At the top of the page that came up, it said it was deactivated today. Let's see if that makes a difference.

Some say yes, some say no.

The only way I found around it, before, is to open up Firefox and immediately, under "Tools", click on "Start Private Browsing". Then, I logged into PayPal and got the old, familiar shipping pages back.

Apologies if this does not help anyone. It helped us.

Login to Me Too

americandrmrecs
Contributor
Contributor

Neither of these changed anything for me.

Login to Me Too

mumford
Contributor
Contributor

The private browsing work-around you came up with worked great until last nite.  But now it no longer works. 😞  Is it still working for you ILoveMoringa?

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

@mumford wrote:

The private browsing work-around you came up with worked great until last nite.  But now it no longer works. 😞  Is it still working for you ILoveMoringa?

No, not anymore. Up until last night, it worked beautifully for me, too.

We are currently relegated to printing our own labels from scratch, on the computer, and physically going to the post office. All of our attempts to print shipping labels end up in the "I-guess-it-supposed-to-be-new-and-improved-ebay-format", and they ALL display "Free Shipping". We do not offer Free Shipping, nor are we selling on ebay!

We do, on occasion, but not for many months - hence, the extreme irritation. Our orders are from our website!

PayPal - are you reading the community forums? Are you going to fix the problem? Our money is going straight to the post office, which leaves you out of some of your benefits, here. Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

diy
Contributor
Contributor

Whomever did this should be fired?  LOL.  They probably got a raise instead - paid for by net profit from this goofy deal. I love multiple logins, more waiting, and paying more for postage.  How do I sign up for more of this? Give me MORE!

Look here PayPal - more time spent on the site does NOT equate to happier users enjoying your site. Ignore those crazy beancounting IT guys. It means more confusion and frustration.  I do many $10s of thousands in business related transactions through PayPal - can't wait to figure out the alternative to what you're now offering people. How about a swift kick in the pants? They're not even listening to customers or this thread anyway.

Login to Me Too

NewhallStation
Contributor
Contributor

Complete INSANITY from PayPal!  This Shipping change is a COMPLETE DISASTER.  We use PayPal as credit card processor for our own online store.  We haven't had an eBay sale since July!!!  Now we're being forced to go through eBay horrible printing interface for NON-EBAY orders?  This is horribly misguided decision.  And to add insult to injury this monstrosity was implemented with ZERO NOTICE to hundreds of thousands of NON-EBAY merchants and sellers.  PATHETIC!!!

Yestertday we tried to print multiple labels with no success. 
(1) Interface is inferior to previous forms.

(2) Return address and other information on the form display incorrectly.

(3) Forced use to re-log in to shiptrack.ebay.something and then asked use to enter a new credit card???? 

(4) Then it timed out and when we tried to go back we had to log in again to PayPal

WHAT???

Tried it with several different orders with the exact same result.  Went ahead and printed directly from USPS site.  A  simple process that used to take just a few minutes has now been completely messed up and for now, virtually impossible to accomplish.

Called PayPal this morning and confirmed that they will NOT go BACK to the old Shipping Labels interface that worked almost perfectly and seamlessly for 8+ years.  That sealed it for us!

(1) We're doing everyhting possible to program our online store to use either Google Checkout or Authorize.net or any other payment processor if needed going forward.  As soon as this can be implemented and tested, we will STOP using PayPal to process payment from our online store.  I don't care how much it costs us or how long it takes us to make the changes, but I'm on a mission to get it done no matter what.  Hopefully by next week all new orders processed from our website go through another payment processor.

(2) Since we realized (from reading forum posts from hundreds of upset customers) that eBay, the parent company of PayPal, did this to benefit themselves and completely ignored its customers (the main source of revenue for its business) we went ahead today and also CANCELED our eBay Store as a form of protest.  We've had it being insulted, ignored, and mistreated by this company. 

Enough is enough!

Login to Me Too

NewhallStation
Contributor
Contributor

Logged in this morning and it appears that the OLD PayPal Shipping Interface is back!  I wonder if this is just a fluke or PayPal, FINALLY, got the message from the firestorm of complaints and outrage directed their way.

I sure hope it's a permanent rollback and not just a temporary one while they still work to "improve" the idiotic, convoluted, and massively inneficient eBay Shipping method/process behind the scenes, with the thought of shoving it down our throats again come spring 2012.

Login to Me Too

diy
Contributor
Contributor

I agree this is rediculous!

Shipping rates seem to have gone up by 5% on the packages I've shipped!  I guess this is what happens when eBay steps in to take some extra profit for the Holiday season?

Also..  It seems like it's taking MANY extra clicks to get orders filled. Furfilment is already such a PITA with PayPal... especially when it starts hanging up - which you'll notice if you ship a dozen or more things.

Looking to jump ship.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Dwolla?  Google Checkout?

Login to Me Too

SadShipper
New Community Member

Is it me or has PayPal big wig have there head up there welll you know the rest rear ends

Come on they change shipping but there is no way they tested it.  I went from 3 clicks to 6 clicks to do a lable + typing my password twice.  This is great put more work on me when shipping. Wake up people please FIX your blatant **bleep** UP
I dont like the fact that ebay is taking over my non ebay sales it was just a few months ago ebay and paypal parted ways on shipping I called and the customer non service agent said that paypal is doing it's own shipping and so on for ebay

now they are flipping the other way and taking it to ebay. Does anyone at paypal really know whats going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.