Shipping platform feedback

PayPal_Olivia

Hello everyone!

There has been a great deal of discussion about recent changes to the shipping platform. I want you to know that your feedback is very important to us! 

We'll be consolidating all of the feedback into this thread so it can be reviewed more easily. On-topic and productive feedback is always helpful, and I look forward to seeing further discussion in this thread.

Thank you for your participation!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

NewhallStation
Contributor
Contributor

Logged in this morning and the OLD PayPal Shipping Interface is back! I wonder if this is just a fluke or PayPal, FINALLY, got the message from the firestorm of complaints and outrage directed their way.

I sure hope it's a permanent rollback and not just a temporary one while they still work to "improve" the idiotic, convoluted, and massively inneficient eBay Shipping method/process behind the scenes, with the thought of shoving it down our throats again come spring 2012.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

YEA! Finally!

I was not able to print out a label the first time I tried it, but then went to the "Ship Now" link, and it worked. What a blessed relief!

Wish to go on record, as stating that PayPal needs to let us know what is transpiring. Much aggravation over the last few days - many orders on hold - gas expended to post office - sellers disgusted - some left.

Customer service is extremely important, and I spent a few days trying to get labels printed online. At the end, we just printed our own, and went to the post office with them.

PayPal - it is poor business, unethical, and demeaning for things like this to happen, without even a "WORD from our sponsors".

In the meanwhile, many of us have explored alternative options for printing labels online, and alternate sites to sell on, save ebay.

Login to Me Too

wja
Contributor
Contributor

I ship approximately 5-10 first class international packages a week from my ETSY site and have to sometimes make special trips to town just to ship.   Loved the new interface - could just print the labels from home and stick in with my other packages for USPS pickup. 

Login to Me Too

americandrmrecs
Contributor
Contributor

The old page shows up for me now and I am assuming (theoretically) it will work like normal when I try to print labels tomorrow using a different return address from the zip code I send from.  The new system was completely in shambles regarding that feature, and rendered the entire system useless for me.

eBay, PayPal, whoever is pulling the strings here.  The system wasn't broke.  It worked fine.  It was simple, clean, efficient, it got the job done.  The changes are completely unnecessary and have caused who knows how much loss in money/productivity over this past week.

Just ridiculous it was sprung on us randomly.  It's like WE were the testers and they had no clue what was going on at any point in time.  Unacceptable and I'd like to see some sort of compensation or gesture of good faith.

Login to Me Too

FancyCloth
New Community Member

I wanted so badly to print out my first class international slip today from HOME instead of the POST OFFICE!!! I also loved having the option of Regional A and B boxes there too!!!! WTF payapl!!! It was kind of random thing to do but I was happy with the change! 

Login to Me Too

mumford
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep**ing everyone else so a few that don't follow Paypal's selling guidelines of shipping with a tracking number is lame.

Login to Me Too

fitzallblades

It did **bleep** to get use to BUT now Im use to it.  I kind of want it back.  Ebay shipping gave me the ability to print First Class International labels . That saved me some $$$

Login to Me Too

diy
Contributor
Contributor

You two guys that love the new interface are probably eBay employees.

Login to Me Too

mumford
Contributor
Contributor

Very glad the OLD way is back!  Hope its here to stay. 

diy - I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I read their comments.  Ebay/Paypal employees guaranteed. 

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I can assure you that I'm not an eBay employee but after printing 10 labels on the new interface, I had absolutely no complaints with it. It actually seemed to react faster. It did incorrectly show free shipping, but the actual shipping charged was viewable on the transaction details page and the shipping profiles were still operational.

My only suggestion would have been to skip some of the clicks required since the postage amount was updated real time. I just want to see that number and click buy label. The print dialogue should come up automatically from there. When the label is done printing, I want it to take me to the next transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.