Shipping platform feedback

PayPal_Olivia

Hello everyone!

There has been a great deal of discussion about recent changes to the shipping platform. I want you to know that your feedback is very important to us! 

We'll be consolidating all of the feedback into this thread so it can be reviewed more easily. On-topic and productive feedback is always helpful, and I look forward to seeing further discussion in this thread.

Thank you for your participation!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

PatinCleveland
Contributor
Contributor

I am a merchant and I am absolutely livid about the change in Paypals shipping policies now that they are trying to merge this function with Ebay.  Without any warning whatsoever, they shut down the service this service and I now get error messages that the Shipping Service is unavailable. After letting orders back up for the better part of a day, I finally called their tech support and after waiting a half hour to talk to someone, was told that this service would be down at least through the end of November and may not be back at all.  I was told that this shipping service was a courtesy that Paypal didn't neccessarily have to offer and was told to simply take all of my orders to the Post Office and to keep good records.

Did anyone at Paypal even stop to think for a moment that this might possibly cause a lot of chaos and havoc for their merchant customers?  Don't things like this even cross anyone's mind? Or are they just encouraging me to take my business elsewhere?

Update:  I just pinted a shipping label.  Now I have to wonder about the incredibly poor internal communication between administration and tech support . Does the left hand even know what the right hand is doing? Has anyone else ever seen such a poorly run company?

Login to Me Too

NewhallStation
Contributor
Contributor

Complete INSANITY from PayPal!  This Shipping change is a COMPLETE DISASTER.  We use PayPal as credit card processor for our own online store.  We haven't had an eBay sale since July!!!  Now we're being forced to go through eBay horrible printing interface for NON-EBAY orders?  This is horribly misguided decision.  And to add insult to injury this monstrosity was implemented with ZERO NOTICE to hundreds of thousands of NON-EBAY merchants and sellers.  PATHETIC!!!

Yestertday we tried to print multiple labels with no success. 
(1) Interface is inferior to previous forms.

(2) Return address and other information on the form display incorrectly.

(3) Forced use to re-log in to shiptrack.ebay.something and then asked use to enter a new credit card???? 

(4) Then it timed out and when we tried to go back we had to log in again to PayPal

WHAT???

Tried it with several different orders with the exact same result.  Went ahead and printed directly from USPS site.  A  simple process that used to take just a few minutes has now been completely messed up and for now, virtually impossible to accomplish.

Called PayPal this morning and confirmed that they will NOT go BACK to the old Shipping Labels interface that worked almost perfectly and seamlessly for 8+ years.  That sealed it for us!

(1) We're doing everyhting possible to program our online store to use GOOGLE CHECKOUT (or Authorize.net or any other payment processor if needed) going forward.  As soon as it's implemented and tested, we will STOP using PayPal to process payment from our store.  I don't care how much it costs us or how long it takes us to make the changes, but I'm on a mission to get it done no matter what.  Hopefully by next week all new orders processed from our website go through another payment processor.

(2) Since we realized (from reading forum posts from hundreds of upset customers) that eBay, the parent company of PayPal, did this to benefit themselves and completely ignored its customers (the main source of revenue for its business) we went ahead today and also CANCELED our eBay Store as a form of protest.  We've had it being insulted, ignored, and mistreated by this company. 

Enough is enough!

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

@PatinCleveland wrote:

I am a merchant and I am absolutely livid about the change in Paypals shipping policies now that they are trying to merge this function with Ebay.  Without any warning whatsoever, they shut down the service this service and I now get error messages that the Shipping Service is unavailable. After letting orders back up for the better part of a day, I finally called their tech support and after waiting a half hour to talk to someone, was told that this service would be down at least through the end of November and may not be back at all.  I was told that this shipping service was a courtesy that Paypal didn't neccessarily have to offer and was told to simply take all of my orders to the Post Office and to keep good records.

Did anyone at Paypal even stop to think for a moment that this might possibly cause a lot of chaos and havoc for their merchant customers?  Don't things like this even cross anyone's mind? Or are they just encouraging me to take my business elsewhere?

Update:  I just pinted a shipping label.  Now I have to wonder about the incredibly poor internal communication between administration and tech support . Does the left hand even know what the right hand is doing? Has anyone else ever seen such a poorly run company?

Re: Your first paragraph - AMEN!

Re: Paragraph two - evidently not. Either PayPal is not concerned, as they know we all use them a lot, and have few other options, or they are unaware of the extent of the problem - which I find hard to believe. Whether it crosses anyone's mind or not - is an excellent question.  Lack of input from PayPal administrators is precisely what you stated - an encouragement to us, to take our business elsewhere.

Re: Paragraph three - I was also able to print a label today. Thankfully, that is. The left hand does not appear to be connected to the same entity, as the right hand. Yes, I have seen worse companies, but do not keep a relationship with them for very long.

PAYPAL - If you are not going to interact with your regular, faithful users, we shall have to find alternatives. At the drop of a pin, you accept a dispute - valid or not. At the drop of a hat, you freeze the customers funds. We have all made a very LOUD protest, and to date, have seen no response from your administrators. You really need to answer us.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

Really, ebay and PayPal - this is WRONG! For hundreds or thousands of us, to have to find a way to print shipping labels in a convoluted fashion, is ridiculous! As stated before, and on several threads regarding the printing of shipping labels issue here - AND - the idiotic 21-day hold on funds, you are recklessly wasting your sellers time, and money.

We cannot print labels accurately or easily or sometimes - at all.

We have not authorized you to open an escrow account for our funds.

We are not large corporations who have extra people sitting around, to deal with the changes.

We are disappointing our customers.

We are not - many of us, at least - currently offering anything for sale on ebay, so why the ebay takeover on labels?

AND

We are not getting any intelligent responses from you, PayPal!

Do you wish to drive us all away? We have used PayPal and ebay for many years, but are very tempted to cease and desist. It is difficult enough to deal with all of the daily things we have to do as sellers - and customers - without this senseless, needless, unnecessary, unexplained issue!

Login to Me Too

yuurei88
Contributor
Contributor

It's very telling how no moderator from PayPal has even bothered to comment on this thread.  All I can say is use USPS.com to print your labels for now.  It's a lot less convenient, but at least it seems to work.  Also, going to be looking into 

http://www.stamps.com/

and other similar services.

Login to Me Too

botanicalcolors
Contributor
Contributor

I'm joining the legions who hate this new method for all the reasons that people have stated and more.  It's pretty amazing that Paypal chose to not say a word about this change to its customers and still isn't respondiing. It shows an incredible amount of contempt for their customer base.  I  tried printing a First Class label to Australia and it printed it in "preview" mode which is too small and unsuitable for international postage.  Now it's telling me that I can't reprint it unless I log into Ebay.  What does that mean?  Do I now need an Ebay login as well?  I don't want anything to do with Ebay.   There's nothing in the Paypal help section that addresses this new function so I can't get an answer.....

I want off this ride. Am researching alternatives as fast as I can.....

Boo Paypal.  Bad move, bad customer service and very bad form.

Login to Me Too

FiberCloset
New Community Member

Since yesterday, I have had the same problem.  Tried talking to rep but they send you to ebay and ebay personnel keep saying I cannot print a label on their system if I did not sell the item on ebay.  So, they won't even try to correct the problem.

Problem is my return zip code is coming up with a totally wrong city.  No amount of editing will change it.  I have been using paypal shipping for sometime and have never had this problem.

Guess we all need to find another payment merchant, too.

The real kicker for me is that my website is hosted by ProStores. 

Login to Me Too

khah1994
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you!!! This whole entire thing is an absolute nightmare. I run a website and sell on other sites. I do the least amount of business on ebay and there is a reason for that. As of today I am looking into a new way to ship. I am growing tired of ebay thinking they have to be involved in every aspect of my business. They do not own my business and I am tired of them thinking they do!!! FED UP and looking elsewhere for shipping alternatives!!!

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

Today, I cannot get back to the old PayPal shipping interface. When I try to print a label, I get the new ebay and PayPal format. It states - the shipping paid by buyer is FREE. What is THAT supposed to mean?We cannot print shipping labels correctly, using the new interface, multi-order shipping, or the "ship now" link we have all come to depend upon.

I have no option, but to take every single order to the Post Office, which HOPEFULLY, ebay has not taken over!

Come on, PayPal! It is taking us hours and hours of our time, to get anything shipped. Many people cannot get to the post office, but rely on printing postage, and giving the packages to the postman.

I do not wish to have the new format. It is incredibly user-unfriendly, and we cannot attend to our business properly.

Is ANYONE from PayPal going to answer us? This whole situation is horrendous, and the silence from the moderators and administrators is deafening!

Login to Me Too

Kbrewlids
Contributor
Contributor
Arrgghhh. Paypal Label hostage crisis day two! For two days I have just wanted to print a couple labels after I was rudely switched to the Ebay mask. I have called Tech support five times and they are clueless. All I get is an endless hourglass! The last tech guy told me to "try a different browser" and "turn OFF you Firewall". Ha ha...are these people for real to even offer solutions like turning your Firewall off! Are they insane? Do they hear themselves and what they say? I will hand it to the last fine Paypal tech rep! He had a great idea! He put me on hold then transferred me to some Ebay sweatshop in Manila for advice! Can you imagine that conversation? "O.K. Sir...Hello Sir." "Please van you give me your Ebay account name and phone number" It went downhill from there. Paypal will be the new Netflix. If the board of directors allow Paypal to use their loyal customers to bolster Ebay in some fashion they deserve their pink slips. Like people here keep saying. Where are the Paypal moderators on this thread? Crickets? Buehler? Buehler? Well Paypal employee, You might want to mention the contents of these posts to your supervisor because when heads roll, yours will be first. I will be signing up for Endicia, which costs $10 a month and allows brother continuous labels. The USPS site is inkjet/laser only. Not sure why. I know, another $10 bucks wasted, but its our sanity. Once I migrate to Endicia I will find another Payment processer and leave this nightmare. If on principle only. I found a processor called mypay that obviously is trying to copy paypal in some fashion. There fees are much lower but of course they don't accept Paypal. Again, the sNity issue and principle should prevail. Pete
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.