Shipping options

cbjack
Contributor
Contributor

I have read a number of these post on shipping and I seemed to have joined the group that is a little confused in setting up the shipping options. I have two questions.

I have one item to sell. I want to offer two shipping methods, free or priority mail (customer choice). I have set these both options up based upon the number items of purchased. I also have set up sales tax to be charged when I ship to the same state I am located in.  Upon checkout I get the enter zip code button with the optional statement (confusing).  The two shipping options never  show up for selection. When I enter a zip it adds tax as appropriate and assumes free shipping which is the first line of my two options (no option is offered for the customer). If I go back into my options and deactivate the free option the the priority mail shipping option is calculated.  

How do I get the two separate shipping options to display for customer selection?

How do I prevent accepting international shipments ?

Thanks for any help,

Jack

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

FindingFreedom
New Community Member

We're having the same problem.  Paypal orders default to the first option, and does not give the SECOND option to the customer.  I have a business account, not a premium account -- is the ability to offer shipping options to the customer ONLY available to Premium accounts?

Login to Me Too

NopenguinsinAK
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same exact problem. I've been trying to figure this out for days now. I'm hoping for some help here!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bivens
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello cbjack,

When offering multiple shipping options through HTML buttons this exact problem has been identified a few times recently.  While the customer does have the option to choose the shipping methods you have set up in your profile, they do not get the chance to make a selection until later in the checkout process.  The first page that populates will ask for the zip code and will calculate shipping based on the first method that you have set up, however, the customer gets a chance in the second to last page before the confirmation to choose another shipping method if one is provided.  You would not be able to get all the way to this part of the checkout unless you were testing it from a separate live account from a separate computer all together from the one where you have set the button up.  Understandably this may not be ideal for multiple shipping options, but it is something that I have brought up to our technical department.  I will keep the forum posted of any changes that may be coming down regarding this.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

JMB

Login to Me Too

singer777
New Community Member

Thank you for the reply. However, as I do your test and the puchasing process, I see none of my other shipping options. I'm already now at the payment page, putting in a credit card. It can't be AFTER that, can it? That would be weird because I don't even know the amount I'm paying yet.

Can you let us know which screen it is on? Is it after you put in your credit card number?

To refresh, I'm referring to PayPal Web Payments Standard and Add to Cart button shipping options, i.e. free, overnight, or standard that I have set up in my Shipping Options area.

Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

tailspin25
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.

I had a customer call me today saying that she went all the way through the payment process and it didn't give her any other shipping options.

I just tried the same thing and had the exact same trouble. Even after I enter my credit card info it will still not let me change my shipping option.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Bivens: Your post explained why so many of us are having difficulties, but it did not tell us any way around it. We ship some items that are under $5, and the shipping options for that are fine, as they go out via USPS 1st class mail. The rate is the same for anywhere in the country. We also ship other items via USPS Priority Mail. If someone orders an item, or several, that - by nature - need to be shipped Priority, the rates vary throughout the country.

I can find nowhere on PayPal shipping options, to separate shipping from our area of the country, to different zones. If we were able to simply have PayPal's shipping calculator set up, so that the charges would be different, automatically, for different regions of the country - that would be ideal.

We are only allowed a few different options, which hardly cover several different quantities, or weights, or regions. I hope I am making this clear. It has been a frustration for us, for quite a while, and apparently we are not alone.

For instance, I have paid about $5 to ship something within our state, but over $20 to ship the identical order, to a state on the other coast of the US. Since the customer ordering the items is paying with PayPal, their location is automatically stored in your system, and it would seem an easy thing to do, to have the shipping charges come up, accurately - automatically.

If I am missing something, I apologize, but the area on PayPal for a user to set up our shipping preferences and shipping options, is not very "user-friendly", or easy to navigate. We really do need help!

Login to Me Too

MontanaGirl
New Community Member
Spoiler

I also have some questions regarding the shipping options - I sell candles, soap and gift baskets.  I can fit three soaps in a flat rate box for $4.95 shipping but I cannot fit 3 gift baskets or 3 candles in a flat rate box for $4.95 shipping. If I say from 1 to 3 items for $4.95 that means I would have to offer three candles and 3 giftbaskets for that price, also.  How can I separate this on the shipping calculator.  As it is now, 1 of my bars of soap sells for $5.00 and the shipping is $6.00.  How can I taylor my shipping costs for my product?  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Scenfully4u
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting.  My customer went through the entire process and was never prompted or directed to select a shipping method.

What could be the issue with that?  I setup my shipping methods in my profile and I selected in the button to calculate the shpping based on the PayPal profile.  Not sure what else I can do to rememdy the issue.  I had to email the customer the cost for shipping and that  is a bit inconvenient considering they will  not have a change in their originally calcuated price, based on no shippment rate.

Any thoughts?

Smiley Indifferent

Dee

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal - would you please help us? We ship to a lot of different places, and a lot of different things. We need to have an easy way to select, for instance - 1 packet of 25 nuts - via USPS 1st Class Mail, to CA - $5.00 and $1.75 shipping - OR - the same packet of nuts - via USPS Priority Mail - small flat rate box - $5.00 shipping - OR - 3 carnation plants to AZ - $9.00 and $6.00 shipping, USPS 1st Class Mail, or $10.45 USPS Priority Mail.

It is extremely frustrating, to use the Shipping Calculator, Shipping Preferences, and etc., when we are shipping to different states, many different items. We do not wish to email or call our customers to request additional funds.

Help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.