Shipping Calculator

mstat
Contributor
Contributor

I'v been using Buy Now buttons and add to cart buttons for some time now but have recently switched to Google Merchant Checkout because it of the Calculated shipping according to wieght and locations. Is there something that I am missing with PayPal on calculated shipping? It seems so easy on Ebay to ship according to weight and zip code, why cant PayPal be the same when setting up your add to cart buttons. Like what is listed below from Ebay.

Calculated shipping

If you select calculated shipping when you list your item, shipping costs are automatically calculated for your buyer based on the buyer's ZIP code, the weight, and the dimensions that you enter for the package.

Tip: You can use calculated shipping in categories with maximum shipping costs if you're selling large or heavy items, multiple items, or an item bundle.

If you want to research shipping costs before you list your item, try our Shipping Calculator.

Step 1: Select calculated shipping in the listing form.

Select Calculated: cost varies by buyer location from the US shipping drop-down menu.

Step 2: Enter information about your package:

• Package type. Select a package type that matches exactly what you're using. Learn more about package types. For each package type there are different shipping services available from the US Postal Service (USPS) and UPS.

• Dimensions. Enter the dimensions (length, width, and height) of the package that you're shipping. To ensure the most accurate cost, measure your package carefully and provide exact dimensions of the packaged item.

• Irregular package. If you are shipping an irregularly-shaped package, or a package containing liquid, select the Irregular package check box. Learn more about irregular package sizes.

• Weight of the package. Select the total weight of the item, box, and any packing materials. To enter the weight in pounds and ounces, select Custom weight. To ensure the most accurate cost, weigh your package carefully and provide an exact weight of the packaged item.

Tip: Make sure you enter very accurate weight and dimensions for the package you're sending. If you guess, you could end up under- or over-charging your buyer for shipping.
  • US shipping services. Select from a list of services from US Postal Service shipping services and UPS shipping services, such as USPS Priority Mail and UPS Ground. You can offer up to 4 US shipping services for the item. To see how different shipping services calculate shipping cost, see:

• Handling time and cost. Sellers are required to let buyers know the number of days it typically takes to ship an item after receiving cleared payment. To add a handling cost to your shipping costs, enter an amount in the Handling cost box. This amount isn't displayed to buyers.

• International shipping service. You can offer to ship your item to up to 5 international locations and specify a shipping service for each location.

• Item location. Enter the country, ZIP code, city, and state that you'll ship the item from.

Step 3: Shipping costs are automatically calculated for the buyer

When you use calculated shipping, buyers looking at your listing can choose to see all the shipping services you offer by clicking the See more services link in the Shipping section. When they do, a table of shipping costs will appear based on the buyer's location. Only the shipping services you offer will be shown. Any handling costs are included in the shipping cost—they aren't shown to buyers.

Step 4:  Buyer purchases the item

When the buyer pays for the item, shipping costs are calculated automatically based on the buyer's ZIP code. If you've specified multiple shipping services, the buyer can select from the list of shipping services you offer.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ha trying to find out the same thing myself, there seems to be no way to add postage abroad to the shopping cart button, worse, only one option for postage is available. Even worse PayPal are stubbornly refusing to provide any information at all about how to go about doing this.

I have rung them up and emailed them several times, no answer forthcoming!!!!

Login to Me Too

mstat
Contributor
Contributor

That is why I use Google Checkout. Maybe if enough merchants start using the competition PayPAl will add live shipping calculator. I don't understand how it can be on Ebay and not on PayPal when everything is integrated. I'm building a E store for a small seasonal boutique, and I chose to use Google checkout  because of the shipping . The fees are about the same. I do like the ease of adding options to the PayPal buttons such as size, color, and price options.

Mark

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.