SHIPPING DELAYS???

twiztidangel88
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE A CUSTOMER IN MISSOURI, IM IN FLORIDA, AND I SENT AN ITEM, WITH TRACKING BUT THE TRACKING HASNT UPDATED YET, COULD THERE BE A DELAY FROM THE SNOW STORMS? ITS ONLY BEEN LIKE 5 BUSINESS DAYS BUT SHES QUESTIONING IT SO I WANT TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS BEEN HAVING A DELAY OR SHIPPING PROBLEMS, I BEEN HAVING A LOT OF USPS PERIOD BUT YEAH PLEASE HELP!! THANKS.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

fightingNUD
New Community Member

I sent a package priority mail on 1/26 from GA to AZ and none of the tracking info has been updated. Doesn't even show that I sent it. And buyer says he hasn't received it. Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

twiztidangel88
Contributor
Contributor

right!!! thats the same here!!! it says that they were notified that a package is ready to be shipped but i got the shipping and tracking right from the post office not online, someone else that i know who sells said they were told that now they dont have to scan the packages until it hit the destination, if thats the case that is some b.s and im doing everything through UPS now =/

Login to Me Too

WillCaldwell42
New Community Member

Yeah, I'm having the same thing happen to me. Recieved a tracking number that says that "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved" on Jan 26, and its the **bleep**ing 5th and I haven't recieved the package or any sort of update as to if my package has been shipped. Im in San Francisco, and the package is coming from Milwaukee.

Login to Me Too

jsbueso
New Community Member

yea, it **bleep**. I'll assume most of you are ebay users.  They posted an update not too long ago warning that the storms could directly affect shipping. Not too many happy campers lately doing business with someone across the country Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

twiztidangel88
Contributor
Contributor

nope i sell on ebay but this problem isnt from anything i sold off that, i have a business on facebook.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.