Problems linking Paypal account to UPS shipping

borneoiban
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I try to link my Paypal account to my existing UPS account, I get the following error message:

'This User ID already exists.PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I even tried creating a new UPS account from the Paypal Shipping Preferences pane, but the same error message comes up. Would appreciate any help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DanTheVermin
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke with PayPal and they have a work around.

On PayPal site, Go to your "MY Account"--- Click "Profile" ---- Click "More Options" ---- Go just below "Selling Tools" on the left and click the link that says "See classic Profile Version"  --- on the right under Selling Tools, click on "Shipping Preferences" ---- Under Address Information, click "Edit Address" ---- change your phone number to UPS's Phone # "402-555-2222". Click Save and now you can enter your UPS account number on the page your were trying to earlier.

It's weird but it works. Good Luck!

Vermin

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

HelloMonty
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. I emailed support and they told me to remove my UPS account info from my Paypal account, and then try to re-add it. I tried that and I still get the same error:

This User ID already exists.PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So I tried the "I don't have a UPS account" option, and I get exactly the same error.

I had this UPS account linked to Paypal for years without a problem. Now suddently it is broken and they are clueless to fix it.

Login to Me Too

force314
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. I have had both accounts for years and had no problems. Apperently I'm not the only one.

Login to Me Too

DanTheVermin
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem today. Cannot add or link my UPS account and cannot ship anything. I tried calling PayPal three times and was cut off all three times after being on hold for a while.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DanTheVermin
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke with PayPal and they have a work around.

On PayPal site, Go to your "MY Account"--- Click "Profile" ---- Click "More Options" ---- Go just below "Selling Tools" on the left and click the link that says "See classic Profile Version"  --- on the right under Selling Tools, click on "Shipping Preferences" ---- Under Address Information, click "Edit Address" ---- change your phone number to UPS's Phone # "402-555-2222". Click Save and now you can enter your UPS account number on the page your were trying to earlier.

It's weird but it works. Good Luck!

Vermin

Login to Me Too

borneoiban
Contributor
Contributor

OMG it worked! Thanks Dan!!!

Login to Me Too

deburr86
New Community Member

Wont let me complete my shipping label

Login to Me Too

vjsk2248
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. After some research I found I had numerous accounts on UPS ( This happens as a result of attempting to log into UPS from Paypal . If you remember, you had two options when you attempt to ship by UPS from Paypal - give your UPS account number or create new one.  You may have entered your UPS account number and got the error then tried the other option, create one. When you choose to create a new one, UPS will create a new account, even if Paypal will not allow you to use it to fund the shipment. To find if you have multiple accounts, look in your inbox email and see if UPS  sent you e-mails giving you new account numbers. If so, call UPS with all the account numbers and cancel all but the one you wish to use going forward.) Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.