statix81
statix81 Member
Kudos: 0

Paypal shipping is not available at this time, you will not be charged..try again later?!?!?

[ Edited ]

In my topic title, that is the error message receive when I try to pay for my label.  I can enter the delivery address fine, same with the confirmation page.  But, once I click on the pay button, I receive that "Paypal shipping is not available at this time, try again later." Does anyone know a fix around this? I tried someone's recommendation to type in http://www.paypal.com/shipnow , but that led to the same error.  This has NEVER happened to me before, but from what I understand, there are a lot of shipping problems going on right now.  Can I report this error to a forum help link? Similar to the "having this issue, click here" of sites like YouTube.  Does anyone receive the same error message me or do you receive a different one?

Please post any thoughts below, I appreciate them all.  Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
jame
jame New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: Paypal shipping is not available at this time, you will not be charged..try again later?!?!?

I just noticed I also get this error. Of course it happens when I'm on a deadline to get it shipped today cuz i have a flight tomorrow, and the only easy way I can pay this amount of postage is with my PayPal account. Very annoyed.

0 Kudos
PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal_WarrenG PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Kudos: 9

Re: Paypal shipping is not available at this time, you will not be charged..try again later?!?!?

I know it can be a difficult situation when you get that error.  I get it every once in a while too!  Most often, when we see this error it is usually a discrepancy in the address in PayPal compared to what is expected to be according to the USPS.  This could be punctuation, abbreviations, or zip code changes. 

One way to check this is to do a zip code search on the USPS website and compare the address in PayPal to what the USPS has listed on their site.  Making minor adjustments to match the USPS expected address many times will allow this label to be purchased and printed on PayPal.  Hope this helps you out!

0 Kudos

I have had a problem with the link to the USPS for several days now.  I don't get this same message as the users above got,  my error message says "website is down", (something like that). It is THE LINK supplied by Paypal ("Print Shipping Label") that I am clicking on... I have used this method for years with no problem.  It lets me go all the way through Payment, but then when I try to print I get the error message and have had to VOID Label many times now.... I'm afraid I am going to suspected of postage fraud.

Please, when is this link going to be fixed?

0 Kudos
lollipop238
lollipop238 Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 2

This has actually been happening to me for weeks now. I am so tired of this website going down. If you need to, you can print postage on the usps website and then put it out for your postman to pick up. However, you cannot choose to ship media mail thru the usps website. Also, you can download the ship assist, print your own label and then pay for it at the post office. I find this problem to be unacceptable and paypal offers no guidance as to why their website is constantly down. If you do not want to go to the post office or upgrade the shipping to priority, your only option is to keep checking back and hope the site starts working again.

0 Kudos
purp
purp New Community Member
New Community Member

Same here for only 2 days though. I believe its eBays way of driving business to thier shipping, which by the way, you can't track easily like paypal.

0 Kudos

For me, it is not an ebay issue as my Paypal customers are buying items directly from my website, www.monicabytheshore.com.  

I have been going to USPS Click & Ship, and printing & paying for my labels there, but thats one more step/website that I have to contact and its just a little more inefficient than clinking the link directly from Paypal. Anything that saves me time & efficiency is important to my business. I hope they get this fixed soon, or at the VERY least, put up a notice that the feature is not working BEFORE it allows a payment to be processed... and then making it necessary to void the label. Too many voids can compromise your account... even if its a Paypal issue.

Aloha

0 Kudos
danifav
danifav New Community Member
New Community Member

I have been having the same problem since Saturday.  Receiving the same error message. I've 'tried again' 20 times, with no change.  This is the first time I've gotten this message, though I've used  that shipping method for years and am **bleep** that it has been FIVE days with no fix!

0 Kudos