Paypal charging seller USPS fee, buyer having to pay additional fees to pick up package

geminishele
New Community Member

Anyone else having the situation where the buyer enters the package information, pays for and prints the label according to the paypal service, ship it out, think it's all fine then a few days later get a note/email from your buyer saying they had to go to the post office and pay additional money to pick up their package?  What the heck is going on!  One package was a shirt in a legal size envelope and all told paypal/usps charged almost $10 for economy shipping!!!!!!!!!  How do I control this, or just go directly to USPS???  Now I have been forced to refund 2 buyers for that extra shipping, which I definitely did not anticipate!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

It sounds to me like you didn't pay the proper postage. PayPal will print the amount of postage based on the information you provide, but if it is incorrect the buyer will be charged postage due.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.