PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

etroves
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having this problem this morning? Specifically, “PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.” appears in the message box with yellow background near the top of your PayPal “Overview” page after clicking on “Print shipping label” under the “Order status/Actions” column when trying to print a USPS shipping label, and happens repeatedly. The “U.S. Postal Service - Create Your Shipping Label” page does not appear. I can get to “UPS - Create Your Shipping Label” for shipment on another item .

I have seen this message in the past, but it persisted for only five to ten minutes. Its been over three hours this morning.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

etroves
Contributor
Contributor

I have read some of the other posts concerning this same message.  I have made absolutely no system, software or application updates or changes (all automatic updates are blocked) to my computer since printing out a single PayPal Shipping USPS label yesterday as usual and without problems.  I suspect the message is due to a system issue on PayPal's end.

I had the XML error last week on PayPal MOS, but that's been resolved according to Amanda. I was able to open an MOS page, but my current items waiting shipment did not appear.

Login to Me Too

etroves
Contributor
Contributor

I logged into PayPal on my other workstation configured quite differently (64bit with only the network router in common as a connection to the Internet) and got an identical message. I can't believe I alone am having this problem.

Normally this would not be a major pain for me. I would simply use my PitneyBowes account to ship the item via USPS. I maintain the PB account mostly for First-Class International Mail as PayPal does not offer this option, but also for backup. The item I wanted to ship via USPS today was a higher value item ($190) to a brand new eBay member with an email address in Brazil and an unconfirmed address that looks like a re-shipper. Using PayPal Shipping connected to my eBay account offers me some assurance that seller protection will apply as the item will show confirmed delivery directly on PayPal.

Login to Me Too

etroves
Contributor
Contributor

GOT THIS ONE FIGURED OUT.

My PayPal Shipping is back to normal.

The shipping address for my “PayPal Shipping is not available” item was:

1900 NW 97 TH AVE

Doral, Florida 33172-2310

I've shipped to this address before using PayPal Shipping without any problems. It's an address where buyers can have their eBay purchases reshipped, mostly to South America. Apparently PayPal Shipping is not available for shipments to that address any longer. (I shipped the item using my PB account this time.) Why can't PayPal send a message that simply states as much rather than the general “PayPal Shipping is not available.” I wonder how many other U.S. addresses PayPal Shipping is not available for?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.