Pay Pal overcharging on Priority mail

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

I know this has come up before but today I processed 3 shipments.  Two of them should have been $4.95 for priority mail and I was charged $5.05 on one and $5.15 on the other.  There is no rhyme or reason why this happened because I went on the USPS website and was quoted $4.95 for each package. 

So, why is Pay Pal charging more than the $4.95 as it is supposed to be?  I know others have had this problem and once or twice I have had the same problem but I think it's time Pay Pal fixed this problem and refund us when we are overcharged.

Buyers can dispute charges but I don't see any way for us to dispute charges with Pay Pal when they overcharge us. 

I would appreciate a response and I'd like to know what Pay Pal is doing to resolve the problems with us being overcharged when we ship packages through Pay Pal.

If I see this happen again I'm going to log out and do it the hard way...manually through the USPS.  I know it's only .10-15 cents but I don't like getting nickle and dimed to death by Pay Pal and it's gotta stop.

Nedra

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pjs203
New Community Member

I seem to be getting overcharged by paypal/ebay.  I had some items (videos) which I listed  with 7 oz. weight, and the shipping calculator came up with $1.90 for first class mail.  The USPS site  agreed.   That is what the buyer paid for shipping.   Now when I go to ship, using ebay/paypal, they are charging me $2.24 for 7 oz. First class!  Is this an extra fee that I missed?  I know they charge a percentage that they deduct  out of your account and that includes the shipping and handling, but this is just false charges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.