Reply to topic
dwanie411 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Package undeliverable as addressed...

I sent the package with DC and Signature confirmation, if the person refused delivery would tracking say "Undeliverable as Addressed"? I'm having issues with this person. I asked if the address was correct and she said yes so I told her to message it to me again just incase I had wrote it down wrong. I also asked for $6 to reship the item so I am not out $12 shipping for something I am trying to return to her. She told me to take it to the PO and they would fix it and not charge me shipping again. Is that correct? I always thought you had to pay shipping again if something was returned.

0 Kudos
ramiron Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: Package undeliverable as addressed...

[ Edited ]

I have the same situation with a wrong shipping address out of PayPal, by the buyer.  So far, so good, my buyer is cooperative at this point.  In an attempt to help my buyer I inquired at the post office about this situation and the possibility of the address being corrected and re-shipped.  I was told that it must be paid for again.  I advised my buyer and am awaiting a response, hoping things don't fall apart at this point.

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Olivia
Administrator
Kudos: 244
Accepted Solutions: 58

Re: Package undeliverable as addressed...

Hi dwanie411 and ramiron,

I checked on USPS.com, and they define it as follows:

undeliverable as addressed (UAA) - Mail that the USPS cannot deliver as addressed and must forward to the addressee, return to the sender, or send to a mail recovery center.

The USPS will charge shipping fees even when the package is returned as undeliverable, and they will charge for resending the package as well.

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count