PAYPAL NEEDS TO ADD NEW USPS REGIONAL BOXES TO SHIPPING

chidadog
New Community Member

Ok USPS has added the Regional A and B boxes for cheaper shipping.  Paypal needs to add these to the shipping checkout for sellers as we have to go outside and directly to uSps to ship with the new boxes.  Would be a great help and more efficient for us.  Maybe someone can pass this along to them?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Rasputin
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe in a year and a half like the small flat rate boxes. Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

jim999
Contributor
Contributor

Easy way to ship regional boxes from PP:

Use 2lb as the weight for the regional A's, or 4lb as the weight for regional B's.

Correct postage prints, and PO still accepts it.

Login to Me Too

P3bfco
New Community Member

Thanks.  2lb for "A" and 4lb for "B" was the solution I was looking for. 

Login to Me Too

Jimmylakes
New Community Member

The difficulty with that is if your customer every challenges what was in the shipment. Normally your defense is the weight on the box matches the weight of the items on the packing list. If you disguise the weight you leave yourself with no defense if a claim of a shortage is made.

@P3bfco wrote:

Thanks.  2lb for "A" and 4lb for "B" was the solution I was looking for. 

Login to Me Too

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal won't accept the weight information from your shipping label as evidence in a dispute.

You could enter any weight you want on the shipping label, but that doesn't prove that the package actually weighs that much when delivered to the buyer - nor whether it was the item or bricks.

Login to Me Too

Jimmylakes
New Community Member

The difficulty with that is if your customer every challenges what was in the shipment. Normally your defense is the weight on the box matches the weight of the items on the packing list. If you disguise the weight you leave yourself with no defense if a claim of a shortage is made.

Login to Me Too

Susabella
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, the 2lb for A, 4lb for B equation doesnt' seem to work for me; can you explain a little further? The regional boxes have 8 different prices per each lb, depending on location. how could a fixed price be accurate?

Never mind, I was looking at the wrong chart!

eBay announced the Regional boxes' availability yesterday, 3/7/11; hopefully it won't be much longer til PayPal is configured to deal with them...

Login to Me Too

pestycatsdad
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the regional weight boxes and it's saving a lot but have to print them from ebay one at a time.  Paypal really needs to get with it. It took them forever to offer the old flat rate box.

Login to Me Too

FGShipping
Contributor
Contributor

You might want to check out this thread, which discusses taking advantage of regional rate boxes and padded flat rate envelopes in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.