Multiorder Shipping errors

Amanda411

We're aware that some of you may be getting an error message when attempting to print shipping labels using MOS. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please check here for further updates.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

nbink
Contributor
Contributor

I had this exact same problem on Aug. 3rd with MOS (Multiorder Shipping) coming back saying "XML error ... could not retrieve data...". Of course, like you, I had NO idea that it was CHARGING me each of the 3 times I attempted to get my labels printed! So now I have THREE charges of $13.78 on the same day (I wonder if my customers got 3 emails with different tracking numbers about their item being shipped!).

My problem is I didn't realize PayPal MOS was charging me (each time I tried to do MOS - Print Labels!) until Aug. 5th when I had it happen AGAIN(!), but since it was just one label that time (which never DID print via MOS), I noticed it when I went into the payment page and saw SEVEN shipping label charges. I was able to void all those (except for one, for which I clicked "Reprint Label" and finally got one! 

But by then, the 24-hour window in which to void a shipping label had passed for my 3 different label batch charges on Aug. 3rd. I don't see any easy way to get this resolved (i.e., my money back for being double/triple charged on Aug. 3rd!). I tried the resolve/claim button on the transaction page, but it came back saying "At least one of the transactions you've entered is related to a U.S. Postal Service Label purchase. Unauthorized transaction claims for these labels must be submitted using the "Contact Us" webform in the PayPal Help Center. Go to the Help Center and select the Topic as "Seller Tools" and the Sub-Topic as "PayPal Online Shipping." Explain in your email that an unauthorized shipping transaction has been created in your account. Our agents will promptly review this claim."  But there IS NO "Seller Tools" topic in the Help Center! That's how I ended up HERE!!!  Ughhh!

Login to Me Too

shadowmoon
Contributor
Contributor

It is October 2, 2010 and I am still getting this error:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmight be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Below is the original error message

Error 100 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED): Unknown error.

I've read all of the comments and you've stated that it has been resolved.  It has not.  Please advise:

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

slamperski
Contributor
Contributor

I continued to get the error message when trying to print a label. I simply called paypal  to try and get some more information and a solution....and they asked what browser I was using. Apparently Google Chrome is not compatible with printing usps shipping labels. So from now on I print labels and use Internet Explorer as the server. No more problems. Why they don't post that in their FAQ on label printing errors, I don't know...

Login to Me Too

davidtgo2
New Community Member

i have been getting this error yet there are funds in the accout to cover the shipping, has anyone else had this happen?

Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. To raise your balance, you must add funds to your account. Please note that it may take 3-4 days for any funds you add to become available in your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

shadowmoon
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved!  I don't use paypal for shipping anymore.  I happen to like Google Chrome and refuse to change my browser just because paypal is being persnickety. (I had no issues before when using Google Chrome, why now I ask?)  I received a CD in the mail from stamps.com and now I print my postage using it instead.  It's pretty easy to use.  I highly recommend this!   Good luck!

Login to Me Too

dancetoday
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting error messages when I attempt to pay and print shipping labels on MOS today. Anyone else getting them or know what is going on?

Login to Me Too

lovvbugg
Contributor
Contributor

with over 300 packages to ship it is UNCOOL for MOS not to work!  so much time wasted...and unhappy ebay customers who don't understand it isn't my fault. error code today is CAL: a48fb728a07a2. what a pain. i am in the market for another shipping option that actually works for next year. MOS is unreliable. any ideas? stamps.com is a nice idea but printing labels one at a time is too time-consuming.

Login to Me Too

rlarick
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Chrome with no problems creating labels until today.  I am getting the message - something about the website has moved ERROR 100 Unknown connection error.  Coincidently this is the first time I have tried to create a label for a sale outside of eBay.

Login to Me Too

rlarick
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone reads these threads the problem is with PayPal not configuring for Chrome.  Chrome seems to work just fine from eBay.   I opened IE, went to paypal went to details on the USPS payment and clicked reprint and it printed just fine.

PAYPAL PLEASE FIX THIS     CHROME IS A MUCH BETTER BROWSER< VERY STREAMLINED _ NO FRILLS BROWSER.

IE IS VERY BUGGY _ LOADED WITH JUNK NEVER USED

FF IS PRONE TO GOOGLE REDIRECT VIRUS THAT HASN"T BENN FIXED YET.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.