I need to create free shipping for certain products

snowwrite
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a complete newbie at this so please be patient with me!

I currently use a wix site with wix e-commerce shopping cart. The cart doesn’t allow for adding shipping etc so I have to do this via paypal.

This is fine for the products I sell as I just set the shipping values for these in paypal.

However, for the “design services” I sell there is no shipping applicable to these as I am not sending anything, I am offering the service. Because I had to set up the shipping values in paypal for the physical products I send, when someone just purchases the service (nothing to send) in my cart, they also get shipping added to this item.

Is it possible to offer free shipping on certain “products/items” in paypal? IF so, where? I really really need this to work, and I am not liking the idea of putting paypal buttons on my site just for some products as this will look ugly combined with the cart for the physical products.

Please HELP!!! 🙂

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

I think you need a new shopping cart.

Login to Me Too

snowwrite
Contributor
Contributor

I was afraid you would say that.

So I assume there is absolutely no way to work around this in paypal?

The reason I haven’t chosen another cart at present, is I don’t know one that integrates really well and cleanly and simple into wix sites. Unless you have a suggestion? 🙂

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

Can you make your design service a tangible good with free shipping? It is a "deliverable". 😉

Login to Me Too

snowwrite
Contributor
Contributor

Well, technically that’s what I wanted to do! 🙂

I just don’t know how to set THAT particular product to have free shipping? Where do I do this in Paypal? 

I can only see the option to enter shipping values either by order total or %. I can’t see anything to link free shipping to that product when it comes through paypal... 

As I said, the cart I have doesn’t offer entering shipping on products at present (they’re working on it) so I can’t do it there. All shipping must be entered in paypal!

Cheers

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

Does this help?

Overriding Profile-Based Shipping and Sales Tax

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pdn_cart_overrides_outside

p.s. If you like or appreciate my response, please click on the thumbs up button.

Login to Me Too

snowwrite
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.. hmmm

This is helpful and want I want to do.. BUT the only problem is I don’t have “add to cart” buttons on my website, as I am using the shopping cart with wix. 

I wonder if there is a way to manipulate the code somewhere! ... 

Thanks for your help... I will have to keep looking and see what I can find.

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

Right... which is why I originally replied with the reply I did.

I think your other alternative, if you don't mind being in the passenger seat, is to petition the developers of your current shopping cart to add this feature for you.

A kludgy workaround is also to discount your design services by whatever the shipping cost is.

Login to Me Too

BaytownND
New Community Member

Okay, I also have the same exact question.  I was just about to post this question when I saw yours.  Like you, I need an answer pretty fast as I will have customers needing to pay for my hair analysis service, no shipping required.  I see you have gotten no help so far.  Have you tried calling the paypal customer service to ask them?  If you have resolved this problem, please share with me.  thanks so much!  www.BaytownND.com

Login to Me Too

NopenguinsinAK
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem! I've set up my shopping carts in my wix website and according to wix it should automatically show the shipping and handling charges. I see my paypal design in my checkout area, but there's not a shipping charge at all. It says "$0.00" Not good!! I can't offer free shipping on all my items!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.