First-time using PayPal shipping!!!

nerdherd020
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

I am considering using PayPal to print labels and pay for shipping instead of running over to the post office every day. For one it's more convenient and secondly, it's cheaper since delivery confirmation is only $0.19 compared to $0.80 at the PO.

Anyway, I thought making this jump would be easy... you know, just print the label like you would print anything else and just tape it to the front of the envelope. Well, after seeing and reading all of the topics that have been posted it seems like I may be in way over my head.

The two main questions I have (for now) are...

1) Do I have to print the shipping label on adhesive paper (i.e., labels like Avery, etc.)... OR... can I just print it on a piece of paper and just tape it on to the envelope?

2) This is probably my main question... I have an HP inkjet printer... when printing my shipping label, do I have to use the "normal" or "best quality" printing options when printing or can I use "draft" or "grayscale"? I'm asking because ink is expensive and if I can print using less ink (draft or grayscale) then all the better.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm just a little scared and concerned about using PayPal's shipping center for the first time and it doesn't make me feel any better when I see all the problems people are having.

Thanks again. I really appreciate any help or advice you can give to a newbie!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Draeger_Vinyl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi nerdherd020,

Printing shipping labels through PayPal is both easy and economical - like you said 0.19 vs. 0.80 for a tracking number..Easy decision there 🙂  As for your questions I print my labels on regular printer paper and then just tape them onto whatever I am shipping.  Just make sure you do not tape over the barcode or USPS scanners wont be able to read it.  Grayscale printing won't do you any good because the labels are already just black and white.  You can try draft (I never have) but then you may run the risk of the barcode not being dark enough for scanners.  If you try this and the post office says it is to light, you can always reprint your label for a full 24 hours after purchasing it.  Also a helpful bit of info - if you ever can't print your label within the 24 hours after purchase you do have 48 hours to cancel the label and still receive a refund for it from the USPS.  I hope this helps you out

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Draeger_Vinyl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi nerdherd020,

Printing shipping labels through PayPal is both easy and economical - like you said 0.19 vs. 0.80 for a tracking number..Easy decision there 🙂  As for your questions I print my labels on regular printer paper and then just tape them onto whatever I am shipping.  Just make sure you do not tape over the barcode or USPS scanners wont be able to read it.  Grayscale printing won't do you any good because the labels are already just black and white.  You can try draft (I never have) but then you may run the risk of the barcode not being dark enough for scanners.  If you try this and the post office says it is to light, you can always reprint your label for a full 24 hours after purchasing it.  Also a helpful bit of info - if you ever can't print your label within the 24 hours after purchase you do have 48 hours to cancel the label and still receive a refund for it from the USPS.  I hope this helps you out

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.