Error when attempting to print from Multi-Order Shipping with Brother QL-570

txkls
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a Brother QL-570 to use with PayPal Multi-Order Shipping.  Researched the devil out the the thermal printers before purchasing.

All software, including Java (JRE 1.6.0_27), have been updated, default paper settings changed to reflect the approved DK-2205 (2-3/7" Continuous Length Tape), changed printer setting in PP setup, etc.  OS is Windows XP Pro.

When attempting to print my shipping labels, I am continually receiving a pop-up error.  The error says:  "Java Printing" with a graphic underneath showing a paper roll & 2-1/8" and a message that says: "The roll of labels or tape inside the machine does not matches (sic) the one selected in the application."    The other side of the graphic shows the printer itself with a paper roll, & recognizing the "2-3/7" Continuous Length Tape".

I am not having any issues printing on the same tape within any other application or the machine auto-recognizing the tape.   Can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lbarrow
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. For some reason, Java expects 2-1/8" labels.

I removed the spool of labels, then placed a small square of cardboard underneath the foot of the label spool, toward the back, so that the back 3 pins were covered. This tricked the printer into thinking it had 2-1/8" inch labels installed, and the label printed immediately. It has worked for me now for several months.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.