Error message says that info. on shipment not matching what UPS has on file????

TEXASjane
New Community Member

Hello,  It has been a while since I sold on Ebay and shipped items through Paypal.  I do not recall setting up an account with UPS so before when I selected UPS as the carrier to ship for, it used to just work.  Now, if I try and use UPS it says that account information is not the same as what they have on file.  If I do not know my account number for UPS, when I register for a UPS account, does the email address that I use need to match the email that I have for my Paypal account? Can it be a different one?  If it is a different one, will I have issues when trying to ship using UPS?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jane

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Imolaxm3
New Community Member
I have the same problem. I registered a ups right away with same email and address it still did not work. I contacted paypal and it's been a few days with no response. Have you figured it out yet?
Login to Me Too

mario656
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same thing!!  I was going to call UPS tomorrow but I don't think the problem is there since I've been using that by itself.  Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

billmuse
New Community Member
Spoiler
I have the same problem. PayPal help has been useless. I have an account on UPS.com, but nothing has ever changed. Don't know what to do now except start a new PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

ppToddC
New Community Member

I am also getting the message:

The contact information you submitted does not match the information on file for your UPS account. Either update your UPS account information by visiting www.ups.com or update the information below.

Confirmed that UPS account information is the same and account is active.

ToddC

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.