Does anyone know the right combination of software for printing shipping labels?

Suem
Contributor
Contributor

I have Vista, IE8 and Java 6.20.  Whenever I try to print a US shipping label, I just get the red X, not the image of the label.  I've tried with my Dymo and a laser printer, same results.  My old machine was XP with Java 6.18 (can't remember the version of IE, but probably 😎 and it worked fine.  Both printers work fine from my computer, just not through Paypal shipping.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

Although you should upgrade to IE9 and Java 6.26, the versions you have should work fine. Make sure to add PayPal to your Trusted Sites and watch for the Information Bar to pop up asking for permission to run Java or open popup windows (and Allow that action).

Login to Me Too

Suem
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I had IE9 and Java 6.26, which didn't work either.  I backed out to IE8 and an older Java because that was what was working on my old machine, and I read a few posts about folk having issues with IE9 (one of my banking sites freaks out with IE9, too).  I added paypal to my trusted sites and I'm not getting anything asking permission to run Java.   Maybe the fact I'm not getting the pop-up asking for permission should be a clue????

Login to Me Too

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

Full disclosure: I do all my PayPal shipping with Firefox. I have never had a problem.

Since you have confirmed that downgrading to IE8 and older Java did not fix your problem, you should re-upgrade to IE9 and Java 6.26. You may find that, just from re-upgrading those two things, something resets and it starts working.

Login to Me Too

Suem
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.  The magic formula seems to be IE8 (I prefer that because my banking site doesn't work well with IE9) and Java 6.26.  I'm back up and running...thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.