Delete old or erroneous shipping address options during check-out

kgould6
New Community Member

How can I delete old and erroneous shipping address options that appear during check-out?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

babychelle
New Community Member

I just called paypal and they were able to clear them out for me. Just mention that you want the addresses from the checkout that 3rd party vendors may have attached to your account.

Login to Me Too

sunnydaze
Contributor
Contributor

click My Account

click Profile (from the drop down menu) choose Add or Edit Street Address

You will see options to the right of each address

Make the correct one your "home" address (it will say 'make home')

Then you can click 'remove' beside all the incorrect ones to get rid of them

Happy to Help 🙂

Login to Me Too

imabeliever
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to delete these old addresses as well. Do we really have to call PayPal? The options that Sunnydaze outlined do not come up under my Profile tab, I am only able to edit my home address. Has PayPal enabled us to edit these old shipping addresses yet?

Login to Me Too

sunnydaze
Contributor
Contributor

Don't actually "click" on Profile. All you are doing is hovering your pointer on 'Profile' without clicking on it. When you hover over it with you pointer you will see several options drop down. From those choices you want to 'click on' add or edit street address.    Then your addresses will come up and you can see where it says  'edit or remove'. Do the necessary corrections and make the one you want to keep your "home" address.  You definitely have the same options as me and everyone else, I just left a detail out, about the hovering part. Instead of clicking on profile you just hover to get that menu.  Hope this clears things up. 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Skydin
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been experiencing this, but not through eBay purchases. Through other site purchases where I use paypal, and it's not with all sites, only some. They give me a long list of old addresses that don't exist anywhere. I've never even used these addresses with the site in question. And when I go to select the right one and hit ok, it reverts back every time!

Login to Me Too

imabeliever
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted the addresses gone so that they wouldn't show up any longer. The method that Sunnydaze described didn't take me to those erroneous addresses. I ended up calling PayPal and they removed them for me. It was a hassle but at least they are gone. I confirmed with them that this was not an issue that I could clear up on my own. That is a poor setup.

Login to Me Too

sunnydaze
Contributor
Contributor

Believer, did you try the revised directions where you just 'hover' your pointer on profile and then click on add or edit addresses from the drop down menu? It works every time for me and I changed them without any trouble. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, I thought I made it easy to follow.  Try doing it just by logging in to Paypal and not during a checkout maybe that's the difference, I wasn't checking out a purchase, I just logged in for the main purpose of getting rid of an old address.

Login to Me Too

hbruno
New Community Member

I also have this same problem.  Just to reiterate what other posters have said, the old addresses do not show up anywhere in account options.  I only see them during a Paypal checkout, and there's no option to remove them at that time.  I will try contacting Paypal.

Login to Me Too

iikati
New Community Member
I don't think Sunny is understanding that these are not Profile addresses. For instance, when I am purchasing something from a vendor, I see a looooooooong list of shipping addressed. /// These include addresses of people I have shipped orders too, which is just plain wrong!!! I want to delete these addresses from this list or clean this list up in some way. I know its not likely, but there is always the chance i will order something and want to ship it to another address and end up selecting the wrong address - potentially even the old address of a customer. This is extremely poor website design.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.