Brother QL-570 multishipping - printing too fast and now quality is poor

hannah1111
New Community Member

I just upgraded my computer and ever since then, the printer is printing faster than before (i.e. doesn't retract back and forth and just prints quickly)

now the letters are not as dark as before...

is there a solution to this??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Romulus
New Community Member

What likely happened is that your printer is defaulting to the low resolution print quality.

I fixed this by finding my printer properties page (in the Windows device manager) and

changing the print quality from 300x300dpi to 300x600dpi. The setting has 'stuck' and

now every time I print a label, it automatically prints at the high resolution setting.

Login to Me Too

marcin97
Contributor
Contributor

OLD POST: What OS do you have? I have Win7 and could not find any dpi settings. Do you mind posting some steps?

Login to Me Too

marcin97
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: just make sure you have the latest driver from Brother, do NOT use Win7 standard driver. After upgrading the driver and flashing the new firmware to v1.3 I can now print 300x600. In addition you get nice control center for printing from Borther. Great little device got even better!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.