Share Buying/Selling Tip for chance to win an iPad2

_LouisH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it’s Louis from the PayPal Advantage team. We really enjoyed reading and hearing about how PayPal helped you get ready for summer. The posts were so great, we wanted to invite you to come back and post more great stuff!

This month, we want you to post your best buying and/or selling tips.  We hope that other Advantage members can learn from each other and leverage these tips when they are purchasing or selling items.

Here is how to participate: Post your tip in either on the buying or selling board and give KudosKudos.PNG to your favorite posted buying or selling tip. The buying and selling tip that receives the top kudos will each receive an iPad 2. The Advantage team will also select a winner in each category. Post as many times as you’d like. Each post gives you another opportunity to win and help a fellow Advantage member.

Here is our tip to start things off:  Make sure to check the shipping costs before you buy. I thought I got a great deal on an item and realized the shipping cost more than the item I purchased!

How to share your tip:

1. Go to the Community tab
  2. “Click Log in or Register”
  3. Enter your PayPal account email address and password
  4. Read the Advantage Community Agreement
  5. Enter a name that will be used as your “handle” or “user ID” in the community
  6. Submit your story to the folder topic “Share Your Buying Tip or Share Your Selling Tip”

Good luck and enjoy the tips!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jito1
Contributor
Contributor

I highly recommend using  PayPal  for buying items on the internet.  I have been a member for years and this is the safest and most convenient way to buy items and if there is ever a dispute (which will eventually happen), Paypal will intervene on your behalf.  I have experienced a dispute myself and PayPal promptly intervened and convinced the seller to make it right with me.  What more could a buyer ask?

Login to Me Too

Bigdecor
New Community Member

Here is a very simple tip for Sellers.  PayPal offers the ability to purchase and and print USPS shipping labels for items sold an eBay.  During the purchase you as the seller are given the opportunity to enter the buyer's email address with a message.  I always use this option when purchasing my postage to notify the buyer of the ship date and eBay item number.  I also thank the buyer for their purchase!

Login to Me Too

norinej2005
Contributor
Contributor

alway remember they are the customer even thow it can be hard sometimes be nice and work with them   it will pay off in the end  its not worth bad feedback for a dollar or two

Login to Me Too

minhdn81
Contributor
Contributor

Some customer they dont familiar with leaving feedback after receive the item. So, friendly remind them together in the email asking them about how they like about the item. Doing this way can help you have good feedback in a long term. Thanks

Login to Me Too

pjbjdr

How do I get to where I can submit??? Everytime I click on the folder, to add my tip, it brings me back to the instructions! Thanks!

Login to Me Too

vergingon40

My best selling tip is to offer free shipping whenever possible, and ship using Paypal with a service that offers TRACKING. Buyers will love the free shipping because it saves them money and you will love the tracking # because it saves you huge headaches from the time the item leaves your warehouse/home/etc. until it is in the hands of the buyer. It is worth every penny.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.