Always check your paypal payment method before paying!

BongoFan7
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings all, 

Here is an important personal tip that could save you from problems with your bank.

As many of you, I attached a bank account to Paypal in order to become verified, lift my money sending limit and to have a place to send any money I get from items that I sell.  This account was an extra account I made with only about $100 dollars in it, as I did not want to connect Paypal to my main bank account for obvious security reasons.

First off, everyone loves shopping with their credit cards, and now with all those reward systems there's even more of a reason to do so.

Since I added a bank account to Paypal, every payment I make attempts to use my bank account as its payment method, although I prefer to pay with my credit card. I am able to switch my payment method source to my credit card during a single payment, but the next time I want to send a payment, the payment method reverts back to my bank account and I will have to switch it manually again back to my credit card. Having to do this repeatedly makes it very easy to forget sometimes, and leaves everyone open to making the mistake of using your bank account for every payment you make!

I learned this the hard way when my bank contacted me saying I have exceeded my funds and will be charged a fee. Long story short, I was lucky enough to get rid of the fee after hours on the phone with both my bank and Paypal.

Don't let this happen to you! If you have a bank account attached to your Paypal account and you want to pay using your credit card… then make sure you change your payment method to your credit card every time you're making a payment.

Happy shopping everyone!

- BongoFan7

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.