PAYPAL Charged CASH ADVANCE instead of CREDIT

NewYorkGirl
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal charged my account $28.32 for "Recover negative balance from Credit Card".  It should use my checking account for such transactions but it used my credit card.  The problem is they charged the amount as CASH ADVANCE, not a Credit Charge.  Therefore my bank has in turn charged me a transaction fee plus interest in the amount of $10.50.  My bank says I have to contact PayPal.  I checked my PayPal transactions and see looked at the transaction details of the $28.32 - it was CREDIT CARD funding.

I cannot find any information on PayPal as to how to file a claim to get the fees paid back to me.  Is there a customer service number I can call????

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

skier
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal Customer Service:
US/Canada
1 - 888 - 221 - 1161
or
1 - 402 - 935 - 2050

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Note, If you're trapped in the the phone maze, press Zero.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

duh10
Contributor
Contributor

I got this ,too.no answer in over 3 days .Have you gotten an answer? PPal was sent this last..

Begin last email to ppal.

I have not gotten an answer from last email .
I must get a reversal of .45 on previous credit card I had on file or must cancel account .
PaYPAL made a Cash Charge on it and (as you know)goes to last in the payoff line{Costing me .75  a month}until I get this time/money consuming matter taken care of.Please, REVERSE this error .  You may:
take the .45 out of paypal credit
ask for it in mail.
or turn another customer away for .45

end email sent to ppal

Sorry ,it is frustrating when little things take up our time,Thanks for your post

Login to Me Too

katmandoo
New Community Member

does anyone from PayPal ever answer any of these issues.  i had the same problem, got charged $20 for a cash advance that should have been a credit card purchase plus i am being charged a different interest rate on the purchase amount.  this is unacceptable. 

Login to Me Too

duh10
Contributor
Contributor

when you do talk to them , all they do is read the statement on their screen {like unfeeling , money hungry robots that they are }Supervisor does same thing WITH NO RECOARSE . Claim : it is written somewhere , you should have known . They warn of crooks , when they need to look in the mirror.

All they have to do is reverse it and recharge , simple .

But  , They Don`t want your biz ... They are in bed w/ Credit CARD companies AND Ebay , they just want your money and they will **bleep** you up on the way .

BOYCOTT PAYPAL , Thanks

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It figures that a guy with a name like duh couldn't spell.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@NewYorkGirl wrote:

PayPal charged my account $28.32 for "Recover negative balance from Credit Card".  It should use my checking account for such transactions but it used my credit card.  The problem is they charged the amount as CASH ADVANCE, not a Credit Charge.  Therefore my bank has in turn charged me a transaction fee plus interest in the amount of $10.50.  My bank says I have to contact PayPal.  I checked my PayPal transactions and see looked at the transaction details of the $28.32 - it was CREDIT CARD funding.

I cannot find any information on PayPal as to how to file a claim to get the fees paid back to me.  Is there a customer service number I can call????

Your Paypal account was in the negative.  The only way that could be resolved was to put cash into the account.

OF COURSE it was charged as a cash advance.  IT WAS a cash advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.