won't accept credit card?

RavenIris6
Contributor
Contributor

I have a verified pay pal account and I've tried to use my regular credit card and pay pal won't accept it now for some reason. The card is not over the limit and it is not expired and I just used it the other day and now I can't. I can't figure this out. I have no messages from pay pal saying that I've gone over any spending limits or anything like that. i have been buying a lot of stuff from ebay recently and so I have used it quite often recently and it has gone through for every single one of those transactions. I'm veyr confused and I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on. I'd appreciate any feedback you have to offer. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I would double-check that the card hasn't expired, since we're at the beginning of a month..

Login to Me Too

AerotusX
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I am having similar problem.  My customers cannot pay me by credit card.  They have used both Mastercard and Visa, and both business and personal cards.  PayPal just doen't want to accept it.  I called PayPal customer service and they have no idea what the issue is either.

If anyone has a solution, I would like to hear it soon.  Otherwise, I will have to stop using Paypal as it is not helping my business.

Login to Me Too

nichelle
New Community Member

Same for me.  PayPal says it will not accept my credit card for the transaction.  It's telling me that I need to submit my personal banking information to complete the purchase. 

Is Paypal getting cheap and they don't want to pay credit card fees? 

I don't trust them with my personal account information. 

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

I know this can be an inconvenience but in order to manage risk, PayPal may limit the Payment Methods available for a transaction. Our anti-fraud practices and transaction reviews, while in place for the good of everyone, do occasionally affect an account in good standing.

You may be able to use an alternate funding source to complete the transaction.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

AerotusX
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, it's not me trying to pay someone using a paypal credit card.  It's my customers trying to pay me using their credit cards, but paypal still won't accept it.  They told me they use their cards on a daily basis, so there's nothing wrong with their cards. 

So in my case, if my customers can't pay me thru Paypal, I'm losing business. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.