will my credit card be charged if my balance is insufficient?

dropkinn
New Community Member

if i purchase something via paypal and my account does not have enough balance to cover the item, will the remaining amount be charged to the credit card? will i be charged a penalty fee or anything?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gadgetgirl87
Contributor
Contributor

yeah you will have a negative balance if it goes through

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@dropkinn wrote:

if i purchase something via paypal and my account does not have enough balance to cover the item, will the remaining amount be charged to the credit card? will i be charged a penalty fee or anything?

If your paypal balance is insufficant to cover the whole payment, paypal will debit your bank account 1st, then the cc you have on file.

You can bypass the bank acount, by choosing more funding options and choosing your credit card you have on file.

If you don't have a bank account on file with paypal then they will debit the cc for the difference

Login to Me Too

laurenjen0422
New Community Member

@ Profdata- i have a bank account and 2 credit cards on file. i purchased something and never wanted them to take it out of the bank account because it was a big purchacse. so i transferred everything out of the checking into the savings. i have my checking account set up to where if something tries to come out for more than what i have, it will deny the transcaction. so will that mean paypal will use one of my credit cards which i wanted them to do in the first place?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.