unauthorized PayPal withdrawl from my bank account

Exley
Contributor
Contributor

My bank account recently showed a withdrawl of ±€124 from my bank account here in France, apparently to PayPal. The description quoted the first 4 digits of my debit/credit card but I do not have any cards registered on my PayPal account. In fact there has been no activity on My PaPal account since April. This amount does not appear on my PayPal account. I have never responded to a phishing attempt.

date    facture carte du 280911    PayPal     0821 230 233    carte XXXX    €124.38

My bank advisor tells me I must report it to the police, then can a dossier be formed and only then can the funds be reimbursed.

Can anyone explain what has happened? Is this a case of credit card fraud or does it have to do with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Exley
Contributor
Contributor

NEWSFLASH

Problem solved! PayPal.fr replied very quickly to my notification. They suggested that I check recent payments to other websites and sure enough, mystery solved.

I was thrown by seeing the name 'PayPal' rather than that of the company and was already nervous due to previous credit card abuse  - I panicked. Most embrassing! I am getting old...

Anyhow, here is the information to help anyone else confronted with this apparent problem for the first time.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Exley
Contributor
Contributor

NEWSFLASH

Problem solved! PayPal.fr replied very quickly to my notification. They suggested that I check recent payments to other websites and sure enough, mystery solved.

I was thrown by seeing the name 'PayPal' rather than that of the company and was already nervous due to previous credit card abuse  - I panicked. Most embrassing! I am getting old...

Anyhow, here is the information to help anyone else confronted with this apparent problem for the first time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Exley, and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for coming back to tell us of the outcome. I'm glad you were able to get your answer quickly. 🙂

You're absolutely always welcome to post here, but did you know that there is a Community Forum specifically for French accounts? As there are some differences in the products and services available in different countries, you might want to take a look at what's going on over there. The posts may be more relevant to any questions you may have in the future.

Please feel free to hang out with us whenever you like, though. If you're free on Wednesdays at 4:00PM CDT, come and join us for our Community Chat!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.