trying to pay

jonandamy
Contributor
Contributor

The seller asked me to cancel payment to ... and resend to ...

Why can't the seller fix the problem?

The problem being that the listing gave an incorrect email.

I know one way to pay and that is through the auction transaction.

What do I do? I am very frustrated. Seems the seller should fix, and not expect me to figure out how to get payment to their correct email. Please help.

Thank you, jonandamy

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Hi jonandamy,

It's a common error made by eBay sellers. If the seller no longer has access to that email address, the seller can't fix the problem without your cooperation.

The generally recommended solution is for the seller to send a PayPal invoice and for the buyer to cancel the first payment and resend the payment using the PayPal invoice.

If you're uncomfortable with that solution, you can have the seller relist the eBay item with the correct PayPal email address and a BIN (Buy It Now) for the price you paid... this way you can BIN and send your payment from the eBay listing page.

Sandy

Login to Me Too

jonandamy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sandy for resolving this issue for me. I had already cancelled the payment. I just didn't know how to effectuate the payment to the correct email. Hopefully the seller has submitted a paypal invoice. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

papi
Contributor
Contributor

the reason why sometimes the payment goes to the wrong or old email address is because the seller might have overlooked on the email as to which email address the payment should go to. right, when listing an item there's a portion there that asks you as to where the payment should go? with the drop down menu and you can select which email.

Login to Me Too

ricque731
New Community Member

Bought 3 items on e-bay, paid for 1 item, tried to pay for other 2 and got error message that payment was not allowed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.