how do i change from a echeck to an instant payment?

MLL809
New Community Member

I order something from eBay(my very first online purchase) and for some reason it went to like echeck  and it wont clear until like 08/30/10t o 09/01/10 when IM trying to send the payment as soon as possible so I can get the product quicker and is set on echeck so  What can I do so I can change from echeck to a instant payment?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You will need to add a credit card or branded (m/c visa) debit card to your paypal account.

Once that is done your payments from your checking account will be processed as instant (even though it wil still take 3-4 days to clear).

But it is always best to fund internet purchases with a credit or branded debit card for full buyer protection.

To fund a Paypal payment with a cc or debit card you will have to click on the "more funding options" link and choose the cc you want to use for every purchase.  There is no way to make the credit card or debit card the main payment option.

If your payments were instant in the past and ar now going as an e-check, then the cc you have on file is expired or near its expiration date, and needs to be updated on Paypal.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You won't be able to change THIS payment, however.

Login to Me Too

tjrasa
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem!!!

Both my card and my checking acct have been reg'd with PayPal for years. Now suddenly everyone is getting paid with echecks by me. I don't want to pay by echecks. I want to pay with my card.

I don't get an option to chose which when I pay for something.

This is another huge aggravation. I suppose they wind up with yet more money doing this?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

No, they don't.

Login to Me Too

stillseeking
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has changed payment options, I can no longer make an instant payment from my checking acct, as I have for the past 10 years, now it is only e-check option resulting in a five day wait. Why was I not notified of this change???  I want to pay instantly from my checking account, as I always have. This is bad business. I even opened a new checking account to tie to paypal, exclusively. Help, I am very displeased with paypal. I am now also receiving e-check payments from buyers, resulting in wait. This is beyond inconvenient. Please re-instate the former payment options as they were.

Ten years and not even a notification of major pay option change!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

stillseeking
Contributor
Contributor

Re; e-check, My Visa CC is on file with paypal, plus my checking account is US Bank, VISA debit/credit.  I do not even write checks from this account!  Who do I contact at Paypal to make this right????? I don't want to use e-check, I don't even want to receive e-checks, either. Paypal, fix this!!!!!

Login to Me Too

adp412
Contributor
Contributor

yeah!! i do have the same problem, wont let me to change payment method to debit card, only e-checks!! what can we do??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.