error: This payment cannot be completed, your account has not been charged. Please contact...

cjhagan
Contributor
Contributor

When trying to send money, I received the following error message:  This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

I have contacted the seller and he said he has been receiving payments so it must not be him.  I can't figure out why I am receiving this error message.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Have you attached a bank account to your paypal account?  It's required.

Login to Me Too

cjhagan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have a bank account and credit card set up on my PayPal account.  My account has been set up for years, this is the first time I have encountered a problem.  I don't know if it is the sellers account or mine having problems.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It might just be a Paypal glitch.

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you on this.

Phone Paypal using the number that comes up under the 'contact us' link in your account.  If they won't tell you what the problem is, it means that the seller's account has the problem and they can't mention it because of privacy laws.

Login to Me Too

geoffmyers
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem. Anybody have a solution? I contacted the merchant and there's nothing they can do. It's a PayPal glitch. I tried multiple web browsers too, but that did nothing.

Login to Me Too

Heskins
New Community Member

I was told by a representative it was a Paypal issue that they are trying to rectify. I am trying to make a payment from the UK to the US but it just wont go through. I don't have a credit card attached to my account, and they informed me that if I do add a credit card to my account, then the payment will go through, but seeing a response on this thread has proven that this might not be the case.

I've been trying to pay this for weeks, and it's only a small amount!!

Login to Me Too

xlr8up
Contributor
Contributor

I too had this error a year ago, it was never resolved.  As of late, PayPal has become UTTERLY UNRELIABLE and barely functional, at-best.  My advice, close your PrayPal account and use an alternate payment processing service that is more reliable.

PayPal is no longer a VIABLE PAYMENT PROCCESING SERVICE nor should it be considered TRUSTWORTHY to handling your money.

PAYPAL NO LONGER WORKS AS ADVERTIZED.  See my posts over the past 2 days and discover the **bleep** PayPal's broken-system has forced upon me, then you will understand and agree with my advice.

Close your account while your insanity is still intact, mine isn't.  Best of luck, you'll need it if you want to continue trying to use PayPal, it's a huge time-waster.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.