changing payment method

onetwcu
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal balance from items I have sold which I would like to keep in my account. I recently purchased something and am trying to pay with a credit card but the option is not available. it is only letting me use my balance...I do not want to do that but for some reason can not figure out a way to use the card. please help

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

onetwcu
Contributor
Contributor

I think I just found my answer in another post. and it is my understanding that you can not use a card when there is a balance. This needs to be changed or fixed through PP as it makes absolutley NO sense!  Not a happy customer right now!!!

Login to Me Too

Bossvette
Contributor
Contributor

@onetwcu wrote:

I think I just found my answer in another post. and it is my understanding that you can not use a card when there is a balance. This needs to be changed or fixed through PP as it makes absolutley NO sense!  Not a happy customer right now!!!

lmao in my case I have a account balance but they continue to fund it with "paypal buyer credit" and wont take it from my balance    I wonder what will happen if I use my debit card to buy gas

Login to Me Too

onetwcu
Contributor
Contributor

you cant use your debit card ever again, paypal will find a way to force you to use your paypal balance! hahahaa

Login to Me Too

Bossvette
Contributor
Contributor

lol I can't even pay on my "paypal credit Account" when I try to pay the balance off so I can hopefully make another purchase it tells me "payment is more then current balance"  I feel sorry for those sellers who's income is solely from e-bay  that are going to be negatively affected by this 

Login to Me Too

Bossvette
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had problems paying for stuff   it seems paypal will only accept payments going thru "paypal buyer credit" and not instant transfer I have not been able to make several purchases which exceeded my credit limit  there used to be a button for funding options which seems to have vanished with the "new improved just in time for Christmas" paypal system

so for me its giving gift cards instead of gifts   lol

Login to Me Too

Bossvette
Contributor
Contributor

Try contacting the seller and see if they can take a CC over the phone

Login to Me Too

onetwcu
Contributor
Contributor

hahaha, thanks for the reply. It is a pain in the #$%. I dont understand how a company like Paypal has not figured out a way to make this work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Amy

Thank you all for your posts!

I understand the frustration of wanting to use your credit card to pay for merchandise, but unable to because you have a balance in your account, and I also understand the opposite side of that when you want to use your balance and unable to because you have the PayPal credit product as your default funding source.

The only way at this time around using the credit card instead of the PayPal account balance is to withdrawal the funds from your account prior to making your payment with your credit card, and if you would like to use the PayPal account balance instead of the PayPal credit card please go to profile and change change your settings to disable making the PayPal credit card as your default funding source.

I hope this helps.  I will also forward your feedback for review.

Amy

Login to Me Too

onetwcu
Contributor
Contributor

hey Amy, thanks for the reply. You just answered what we already knew, which is ok, a response was very nice. But, it would be very nice if this feature was different. If I have a balance in my Paypal account, there should be NO reason I can not pay with a credit card. It would be nice to see it changed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.