cancel echeck and use credit card

mcshannon1
New Community Member

I sent money to a user for an amount of $380 and when I checked back on the payment it said echeck. And it's saying it wont be able to pay for 5 days. Can I cancel this and just use my credit card?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You could, but you wouldn't like the results - Paypal ould consider you a more risky buyer and hold up all of your payments.

Just let the echeck clear.

Login to Me Too

adp412
Contributor
Contributor

but why then paypal confirm you as a user?? you should be able to change payment method, even if its risky, thats why paypal need to confirm even the bank account, so how can we turn that off?? and being able to use your debit or credit card??

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You are talking about 2 entirely different issues here.

Paypal confirms your identity to allow you to use the site AT ALL.

When you make a payment, the restrictions that your account may or may not operate under in the future are related to the percentage of payments that clear with no problems.  You're not allowed to abuse the system just because you didn't pay attention to how you were paying the first time.

Login to Me Too

adp412
Contributor
Contributor

i think you got me wrong! this is not my first transacition over paypal, i usually make EVERYTHING everyday, but now i cant even change payment method, so i just wrote them and they appears to have some problems, and i have nothing to do with it, its not even a debit or credit card problem, its just server security! but my question is, Why im not able to change payment method like i used to??????

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I don't have an answer for you, then - phone Paypal and see if they can look at your account and see what's happening.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

I know that when all your options are not available for making a payment, it can be very confusing.  To answer mcshannon1, after a payment has been initiated with the bank account, there is no way to stop it and change the funding source.  In the future just make sure that, when checking out, you are looking for the More Funding Options link on the confirmation page.

For those people who are looking for the other options and they are not available, it is possible it may be a security measure.  The PayPal security measures may limit some of the funding sources for your security.  This action is much like the Credit Card companies that may deny payments when there are concerns about the payment being attempted.

This security works independently of all else and evaluates the payment at the time you are trying to make it.  If it is not allowing you to make the payment, try again at a later date and time. 

I hope this clarifies the situation for everyone.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

TheBigDurd

When I called paypal today, they acted like this was a mass problem they were working on. So is it me or you?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It's you.

Paypal just had a problem with the "Mass Pay" option - the CSR must have misunderstood and thought that's what you were calling about.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.