You can't "maintain" the Send-Money-To drop-down list - and neither can PayPal

AttilaThePun
Contributor
Contributor

I've got a bad email address in my Send-Money-To drop-down list. Couldn't find a way to delete it. Searched the forum and found 3 other topics asking how-to - but nobody replied and the topics were marked read-only. So I called PayPal about it. Was told that no one (not the user, nor anyone at PayPal) can remove an entry from that list. I suggested/requested that this capability be added because it is needed. Was told that my suggestion would be forwarded to her manager.

Problem is, once you do a transaction to a bad address, once you realize its the wrong address and cancel the payment, the money has still come out of your account (PayPay, checking, credit card, whichever). And it takes a few days for the money from the cancelled transaction to show up in your PayPal account balance. And if you want it to go back into your checking account or onto your credit card, that takes a few more days.

And no one can remove the bad address from your list, so it's all too easy to inadvertently select it again - and tie up your money for a week again.

No indication from PayPal as to whether they have any intention of doing anything about making the send-to list maintainable. Just "I'll forward this to my manager."

So DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE in the send-to email address!!! (Unless you can afford to leave chunks of money lying around inaccessible for days at a time.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

FastFreddy
New Community Member

From main page

Select Request Money Tab

Select Invoice Settings

Select Address Book

From there you can edit/delete the names

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

FastFreddy
New Community Member

From main page

Select Request Money Tab

Select Invoice Settings

Select Address Book

From there you can edit/delete the names

Login to Me Too

AttilaThePun
Contributor
Contributor

Thanx - it works! Smiley Happy

(Too bad the folks at PayPal support didn't know about it when I called for help.Smiley Sad)

(Or maybe PayPal added this functionality after my September 3 call when the support person said they'd report it to their manager? Smiley Surprised)

Login to Me Too

KillerKarlKox
Contributor
Contributor

I had that same problem ! Some mysteries name & address appeared on my send to Account info sometime before the summer. I did every route I could by myself on my paypal account. But nothing ever got it removed. Then after trying a zillion things. I made direct contact with paypal by e-mail & thru customer service. I explained the Name that was on my account, It started with Mary as the 1st name & it was somewhere in the mid-south. Anyway, within 24 hours of the e-mail & the chat service. It was removed for good. I don't have any idea where or how it got there & it wasn't a past contact when I used to have a e-bay store. But They claimed that they would track down how it got on my personal account info & even sent me some electronic form agreeing for them to press charges to whom ever they back tracked it to. I tried finding the name & address thru the internet myself,But without doing a paid for search, I had no luck. So it seems that the crooks are doing any thing they can to hack into a supposedly hack proof server. I say, what ever 1 man created , another can figure out how to break into it . Actually a 2nd uncle who was a safe cracker back in the 50-80's said that. After doing time in Attica, He ended up working for Uncle Sam in his golden years, right up till he past away in the early 90's. Best of luck & everyone always check your info every week at the latest & always open new browsers & change passwords very often. Happy Holidays to all.

And a Wonderful & safe New Year. Watch out for those wasted drivers on the roads !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.