Why won't my account pay for an item on Ebay?

Bryon_Schmidt
Contributor
Contributor

My account will not pay for any item under $10 USD on Ebay. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Are you paying with a credit or debit card?  If so, the amount may be what is causing the problem.  Try processing it through the card's network rather than as a debit card.  To do this, click on "View PayPal Policies" under "Review your payment method and send."  Select the option to process it via the MasterCard or Visa network instead.

If the card is still declined, consider contacting your card issuer as to why the card was declined.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Bryon_Schmidt
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know quickly... There is an item sitting in My Ebay that I cannot pay for.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Are you paying with a credit or debit card?  If so, the amount may be what is causing the problem.  Try processing it through the card's network rather than as a debit card.  To do this, click on "View PayPal Policies" under "Review your payment method and send."  Select the option to process it via the MasterCard or Visa network instead.

If the card is still declined, consider contacting your card issuer as to why the card was declined.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Bryon_Schmidt
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

dramorehouse
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian,

I am using my Visa debit card.  I have my bank statements and on 1/27/11   0.11 was deposited and on the same date paypal deposited   0.10.  I would not accept it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Ann

Login to Me Too

rainnie508
Contributor
Contributor

im new at this AND I CANT FIND ANYONE TO HELP WALK MY THROUGH

Login to Me Too

Agentknife
Contributor
Contributor

where is this view pay pal policies button at?

Login to Me Too

akamohanty

Hello Sir!

can you tell me where I would find these links? I am facing problem in sending money for something bought on ebay.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

simonehurry
New Community Member

@akamohanty wrote:

Hello Sir!

can you tell me where I would find these links? I am facing problem in sending money for something bought on ebay.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

akamohanty

"To do this, click on "View PayPal Policies" under "Review your payment method and send."  Select the option to process it via the MasterCard or Visa network instead."

where are the above links? Kindly guide me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.