Why can't I use my debit card and why do my transactions come out of my account as direct debits

buybuybaby
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a paypal account for 6 years, I have been doing a lot more buying lately and was soon to reach my spending limit. I decided to verify my account which went smoothly.  The next time I went to pay for an item, I could only choose between e-cheques or automated transfer, the option to use my card was not available. I assumed that this was because the person who I was buying from only offered these methods of payment.

Since then every time I buy something off ebay the same thing happens. It takes 3-5 days for the payments to come out of my account instead of instantly as it used to when I used my card to pay and the transactions come up on my bank statements as direct debits.

How can I get the option to pay with my card back so that the payments will come out instantly and transactions not come out as direct debits?

TIA

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

buybuybaby
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone' s interested, I don't know the answer to my question but I can tell you that since posting this question, I have verified the debit card that is linked to my verified account. I can now choose to pay how I like when I click on payment options meaning, I can pay with my debit card and the money is instantly withdrawn from my account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

buybuybaby
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone' s interested, I don't know the answer to my question but I can tell you that since posting this question, I have verified the debit card that is linked to my verified account. I can now choose to pay how I like when I click on payment options meaning, I can pay with my debit card and the money is instantly withdrawn from my account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi buybuybaby, and welcome to the forums!

I'm glad you found the answer! When a card expires, there's no longer a confirmed card on file to back up the bank funding, and Instant Transfer stops being an option. Having a verified card on file allows the Instant Transfer option to be added back into the mix, and also as you discovered allows for the option of the card to be used!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.