What it's mean"The recipient of this payment is Unregistered"

DjMarcelinho
Contributor
Contributor

I send the money and the status is unclaimed and The recipient of this payment is Unregistered.What I sohud do.Thank's for help

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JOwens1963
Contributor
Contributor

If it shows unregistered, maybe they haven't verified their paypal account.  They have to go to their paypal profile and confirm their account.  To confirm their account they have to verify 2 small deposits from paypal into their account.  If the money reached them, then they sould have a tab to claim the money in thier overview tab of their paypal account,  I sent a refund on shipping overage of $5.00 to a buyer 2 weeks ago and they haven't claimed it yet.  I have a cancel tab to click on to cancel the transaction if I want to.  Then their claim tab will disappear.  If you send money through paypal as a purchase, paypal will take a percentage.  If you send money as a gift or living expense, paypal will not take any percentage.  I use the living expense option to send money to our children that are away at college.  It usually takes 3 business days for these transactions to go through the process.  I hope this helped! 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

No, I think it means that either the person doesn't have a paypal ccount at all or they sent you a mis-spealled account name.

Check on the main page of your paypal account and find the line that shows the payment - if there is a "cancel" button there, click on that to have the money returned to you, then contact the payee and ask what's going on.

Login to Me Too

JOwens1963
Contributor
Contributor

Just as I said; but in less words! 🙂

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Verification is a whole separate issue from the account not existing in the first place.

Usually, if the account is not erified, you don't get the verification link showing up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.