To all members tell Pay Pay to Keep our Plug-In

RussG
Contributor
Contributor

After September 22nd the PayPal Plugin will no longer function!

Why? PayPal says to better serve us!

I love the way companies will take away something you love, and say it is to better SERVE! You!

I call BS

If you do not know what the PayPal Plugin was, it was a way to:

Auto Fill address in forms (which I used Constantly)

But the most important is to Generate Random Credit Card Numbers for a secure Transaction!

This was So AWESOME I could shop online secure and knowing that even if the place I bought the Item got hacked, I could delete the Credit card I generated and have no worries.

With out the CC Generator, if I see a unauthorized bill, I have to report it and go throw all the time wasting steps to clear the fact that I didn't buy it.

How is removing this feature HELPING US?

Please PayPal Do not take away are Plug-In

Respond to this thread and write to paypal

We need to keep this to keep us SAFE!

Russ G

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

brassbell416
Contributor
Contributor

I love pay pal plug-in.  I use it several time a day saving me loads of time.  Also the secure card is great me as I am not very computer literate. Are they going to replace it with something supposedly better.  Does anyone know if there is another similar program that we can use if they do eliminate plug-in. 

Login to Me Too

srweb
Contributor
Contributor

@brassbell416 wrote:

.Does anyone know if there is another similar program that we can use if they do eliminate plug-in. 

I believe CITI and Discover have a "secure cards" feature with some of thier credit card offerings. Can't vouch for how well it works or not but at leat there are some options for taking some of our business elsewhere.....

Login to Me Too

scanman20
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. The ability to generate one time use virtual credit card number was a HUGE plus for PayPal. Taking this away is a step in the wrong direction. I just applied for the debit card since now that's the only way I can shop online using my PayPal account at places that don't accept PayPal. Bad move guys, bad move.

Login to Me Too

guitzilla

I can't believe PayPal is getting rid of the best online tool for generating a secure card for use on web sites that don't take PayPal and that can't be trusted to take my regular credit card without risk of my info getting into the wrong hands by the skilled hacker.  Just look what happened to TJX Co.  and many others that claim to hold your credit info securely!  I've already been the victim of identity theft and believe me its nothing I would wish on anyone.  I've been using the Plug-in almost since it first came out and have found it invaluable in so many cases.  I can't believe their statement "we’re shifting our focus and resources to more popular products that provide a better customer experience"!  when in fact I have been unable to find a product that provides a better customer experience for generating secure cards than the PayPal Plug-in.  So who exactly is being served by discontinuing such a valuable service?  Do you think PayPal has reached domination of every web site to pay with their service?  The number may be large and growing but it is no where near that level yet - I still continually hit sites that hit me up for my credit card including things as basic as cellular services.  What does it take to get PayPal to listen to even its long standing loyal customers?

Login to Me Too

talosian
New Community Member

Everyone needs to understand two things.

1. The phrase ""we’re shifting our focus and resources to more popular products that provide a better customer experience"! says nothing, People are paid big bucks to write things that say nothing. It's like a doctor that says when asked how a patient is doing says, "As well as can be expected."

2. I will give you, without any question or doubt, the reason PP discontinued the virtual Debit Card (single time use). I was determined wither, a) It was not financially profitable to PP, and/or b) it will/may be replaced by something that brings in more money for PP.

Bottom line is that the bottom line for PP, eBay and most other companies, "It's all about profit."

Login to Me Too

KeepSecureCards
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal, KEEP SECURE CARDS PLEASE!

Login to Me Too

Pressnin
Contributor
Contributor

Keep Pay Pal Plug In it is safe, secure and is user friendly. There are so many rip-off schemes on the internet this eliminates card numbers from being stolen. Why is it being taken away?

Login to Me Too

sportster1961
Contributor
Contributor

Totally in agreement with what is said..  This was the very best secure service available for on-line purchasing. 

I like everyone else want it back, now, thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.