This transaction cannot be completed...

alextranced
Contributor
Contributor

hi there!

I have been trying for the last 2-3 days to send 120 euros for a non ebay transaction via "Send online" and I keep getting messages like : "This transaction cannot be completed..."

so I asked the seller to send me an invoice which he did but when I press continue on the invoice another error appears "To complete this payment, add another debit or credit card to your PayPal account or Update your Credit Card or Debit Card."

ok like wtf? my visa electron card is valid , expiry date 01/2012 i have sufficient funds (btw I tried multiple payments of  20-30-40-50-60 euros SAME ERROR) also today I bought some Facebook credits and it worked so what the **bleep** is the problem?

I sent paypal some mails regarding this and they said that some internal security feature is blocking my transaction and I should try from my home (which am I lol) and other stupid advices , actually it is very easy let me make my damned payment already !

Look I need to make this payment asap so I can get my item before Xmas so could you please help me?

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

simpleAndrew
New Community Member

I have same trouble.

Paypal verified debit card is not accepted while trying to make transaction.

Trying to buy item on eBay. I've done transactions before with this card, paypal and ebay without any troubles.

I've tried to do it with different browsers, clear cache and cookies. I've tried rebooting and even different networks. No results. 

Are you doing anything to make yours "security" model work?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

WhisperAtStars - I apologize for missing the part about the problems loading the page. One of the reasons that numbers aren't posted publicly is that these posts will be around and searchable for a long time, but the numbers are redistributed sometimes for proper routing. You'll receive a message shortly.

simpleAndrew - Welcome to the forums! You're encountering the same thing we've discussed here. Clearing cookies and cache and rebooting will not affect this. The security model is looking at the transaction itself. I'm sorry to hear that your card has been ruled out for the transaction. If that funding source has been ruled out for this transaction, you can try with another funding source, or contact the seller to make other arrangements for payment.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Alexandru
Contributor
Contributor

Hy, my name is Alex.

Like all the people who spoked  before me, in this forum section, I have the same problem:"This transaction cannot be completed...".

I've read all the posts, from the beginning to the end, and concluded that the problem started at the beginning of December  and still continues.I never used this service of payment, so I don't know how it really works, but instead I'm using it now and I can tell you how it doesn't work.

Anyway, no solution, as usual, and Olivia, you keep putting the problem on the shoulders of security system, which you say is the best, but apparently the best in blocking the people who trust your system.Ok, hear this: If your company is like a ship, and the "best security system" is loading it with way to many canons, but that causing it to sink, will you still keep the canons on the ship?I'm just saying, ofcourse.Don't be hatting.

And since no one(from both sides) came with any solution, let me come with an idea: keep you security system, but look over that pattern of it, i mean, somewhere you mentioned that is the same system the banks use it, but consider that you are not a bank, an "bend" it somehow to fix your system requirements.

Have a nice day and I'm looking forward to see you up and running

Login to Me Too

Alexandru
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I'm officially out of any ideas. I even called my bank account manager to activate some "3D Secure" system for on-line shopping, payments etc. The service is activated and up and running.Tried one more time, this time telling the seller to send me a "Money Request", but without any result.
If I try Send Payment I get this message error :"This transaction cannot be completed..."
If I try to pay the bill the user requested I get this message error : "To complete this payment, add another debit or credit card to your PayPal account or Update your Credit Card or Debit Card."
Either way the PROBLEM seems to be at your PayPal payment service.
STOP putting this issue on users shoulders and try fix your security system. It's been an month and a half by now, from first post and with no conclusive solution.

Looking forward to see it done. By.

Login to Me Too

cloud
Contributor
Contributor

Well said above.

I mean the "So called security module" is a COMPUTER SOFTWARE for God's sake. Softwares should be upgraded and fixed. The moderators post seem to be suggest like its been created by some divine force and there is no solution to it.
Really strange and amazingly weired responses.....as (I repeat my self again) ITS A FREAKING SOFTWARE running on computers.....FIX IT IF ITS BROKEN.

IF I have problem with my CC or Account I goto Bank and it gets fixed. SO what is the story with you guys.

Anyways you are looking business and money, due to PayPal mess up.....nice work.

Login to Me Too

Valli

It's useless to say i have identical problem 😞

It is definitely a paypal problem , looks like i have a limit of 43USD or 5Euro , if i try with 44USD or 6Euro i receive "This transaction cannot be completed..."

Anybody know if i can send money in same way with moneybookers ?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Alexandru
Contributor
Contributor

I solved my problem, somehow.

But after making a bank transfer into my seller's account, not by using PayPal service. Jut to find out, after making the transfer, which cost me 20$ more(10$ on each side:banks commission), that PayPal is up and running.

How i found out, well... this is simple.I sent 10$ to my seller, since I thought that he will get with losses if he must pay those 10$ tax, so I've sacrificed another 10$ just for the sake of his patience sending me the package.

Just from curiosity tried after that to send the initial amount of money and it worked fine. I don't know what's the deal, but loosing another 20$, which happens to be the equivalent to shipment price, drives me crazy.

Anyway, this will be a lifetime lesson, which I won't repeat in this life, neither with PayPal or any bank transaction; apparently their commission for a money transfer between my country(Romania) and Korea is the sixth part(1/6) of the total sent money, which in a bigger case that would be a big disadvantage.

So this will be my last time posting here, I'm out, Peace.

Login to Me Too

alextranced
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Olivia : as I said earlier there was absolutelty nothing wrong with my visa card , as I mentioned before a Payment to Facebook Ireland of 4 eur was accepted , but 120 euros to a seller no! and you keep telling me stories about security and stuff ... come one it's my money and I want to send to anyone I want....this is stupid

Fortunately I solved the problem (and no thx to paypal customer care) by asking a friend to pay with his paypal account

you guys really need to improve your services because people will not use paypal if they encounter problems like these

long live SEPA and I intend to use paypal as less as possible

Happy Holidays to everyone

Login to Me Too

WhisperAtStars
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting very frustrated with you, PayPal. I have been using my PayPal account for years without a problem and all of a sudden this happens...

Ebay, CheapDomain.com, and more are telling me there is a problem with my account:

Transaction failed because has no funding sources (10210/Error)

What is this all about? And why can't I get any answers from you? My bank, my CC company, and CheapDomain.com are telling me that everything is fine on my end... I have money in my bank account, a verified address and cc, everything on my end is fine.

What is the problem? Fix it now. I have scheduled payments every month that are suddenly unable to be processed, in addition to not having normal functionality. And this isn't just some account problem now because you are messing with my money and my well-being.

"When you play with my money, you play with my emotions."

Get it together, PayPal. This is BS. And when I click the "Contact Us" link all I get is a search prompt that never finishes loading...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

WhisperAtStars - Customer Solutions would definitely have to take a closer look at your situation to determine what the situation is if multiple merchants are not accepting all of your funding sources. Have you confirmed that all of your account information is updated and accurate? Do expiration dates on your cards need to be updated? Sometimes the piece of information upon which your identity validation is based expires, and suddenly the security controls become tighter. Those are just some thoughts off the top of my head. If you're unable to load the Contact Us link, try clearing cookies and cache in your browser, and possibly rebooting. If you have another browser on your computer that you haven't used to access PayPal, try with that.

vkleinstu and others - We're here, and we give answers as we can. I have shared what insight I have for trying to work with the security model to make your payments. If none of the funding sources are accepted by the system for that transaction at that time, trying at another time may yield different results. If not, using a different funding source may work. If not, perhaps you can arrange with the seller to make the payment through other means.

The security model can be frustrating. I completely agree. In the years that I have been using PayPal, I have occasionally had to use funding methods I would have preferred not to use, and had a few payments blocked entirely. This presented situations that were inconvenient, and even knowing what I know about the security controls and how they protect me, I was understandably frustrated. Ultimately though, I recognize that the person on the other side of every transaction I conduct over the internet is a faceless mystery to me. Would I send cash in an envelope to this person? Of course I wouldn't. I'm relying on PayPal to protect me and make sure my transaction is safe. Is it possible that the measures to protect my money are sometimes too cautious? It is. However, I am still grateful for the knowledge that I am protected when my money is being transferred.

I honestly wish I had a different answer for you. PayPal really does want to be able to process payments for everyone who wants to use us, but security is our number one concern. The safety that the security model offers would be compromised if it could be manipulated for individual payments, as much as that would be more convenient.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.