Smart connect trouble...Please help

brianpetras
New Community Member

Maybe I'm not doing something right... but I opened a paypal account. Signed up for a paypal smart connect credit line. Was issued the credit but it won't allow me to use it. I tried buying something and checking out but paypal won't allow it to go through. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

brianpetras,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! 

From my experience, I have been able to determine that the SmartConnect accounts are not always accepted by every merchant.  For example, not every place you shop will accept Discover cards.

The PayPal credit products are just like any other card.  Merchants have the ability to choose not to accept certain types of cards.  When this happens, the system will just not allow you to choose that as the funding source for that merchant.

As long as there are no other issues or concerns happening on your account, this is most likely the reason the SmartConnect was unable to be used.

Hope this gives you some clarification.  Smiley Happy

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

egoldstein
Contributor
Contributor

i, too, am having trouble with this smart connect... first off.. its not very smart.. and neither is the method by which paypal chooses to address the issue...

ive called on several occassions and in each instance

1. the account customer service person says i have available credit... and right there on the card it says all i have to do is log in to paypal and click view card details (which is suspicously not there)

2. they are reading from a script telling me how very sorry they are very very very sorry... oh they are SO sorry.. (let me tell you just how sorry!..

3. and they are going to forward my issue to a supervisor and it should be changed or updated within 4-5 business days..

they always say these three things

more interesting still, how the web site for GE Moneybank is terminally inoperative

HOW ABOUY THE PART WHERE THEY GET BACK TO ME?? (not existant)

if they dont want my buisness all they have to do is tell me.. i am happy to use a credit card without the use of pay pal altogehter... my bank has its own security for unauthorized use

Login to Me Too

Geist
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same issue.  It seems like Paypal has absolutely no interest in helping us.

Login to Me Too

scrappinchristi
Contributor
Contributor

Try checking out in your PayPal account not in your eBay account.  Log into your PayPal account and click on 'Send Money'.  Then click on 'Pay for eBay Items'.  This worked for me when I could not pay for an item with PayPal Smart Connect that I purchased from a seller .

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.