Sent paymt for ebay via paypal. Seller messages that he put wrong email address, how to correct?

gracegptx
Contributor
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Morenina
Contributor
Contributor

ok, something similar happened to me with a buyer.

The buyer sent the payment to my person e-mail address (the one attached to the ebay account) instead of the one linked to Paypal. 

What the seller needs to do is add the e-mail address (the one you sent the payment to) onto his/her account and he/she can get the money. Bingo!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

Morenina
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer sent the payment to my person e-mail address (the one attached to the ebay account) instead of the one linked to Paypal. 

What the seller needs to do is add the e-mail address (the one you sent the payment to) onto his/her account and he/she can get the money. Bingo!

Login to Me Too

gracegptx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!!!

YEs exactly right, I caqncelled my payment because it showed UNCLAIMED for 24 hrours....so I asked buyer to add that new email....he did so and notified me and BINGO!!!!

WOW Im glad I did the logical thing and now you confirmed is the way to go....

Luckily the amount of money was very samll.

Login to Me Too

Morenina
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome.

You did the right thing being inquisitive and all about the logical aspect of it.

Login to Me Too

gracegptx
Contributor
Contributor

But you reinforced me by conmfirming it is correct. I know for next time.

Thanks Morenina.

Login to Me Too

thomasdohn
New Community Member

Seller of transaction 71986461hl8786847 asked me to contact me to cancel payment to imcookin52 and maked payment to andiepandie54.  He says he's already contacted you on this matter and that I need to contact you as well.  He has a perfect  rating and has been an ebay member since 01 so I made the payment.  What more needs to be done?

Login to Me Too

thomasdohn
New Community Member

Seller of transaction 71986461hl8786847 asked me to contact me to cancel payment to imcookin52 and maked payment to andiepandie54  He says he's a.lready done so on his end and that I need to contact you on this matter.  He has a perfect  rating and has been an ebay member since 01 so I made the payment.  What more needs to be done?

Login to Me Too

gracegptx
Contributor
Contributor

My next step would be to contqact seller and see if he has received the payment. Or check paypal and see if payment shows as "completed".

Hope it helps

Login to Me Too

tsrtax
Contributor
Contributor

Customer sent payment to e-mail address that I had not yet set up. I set up the e-mail address yesterday, but still no payment. What next?

@Morenina wrote:

Login to Me Too

gracegptx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for great input.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.