Sent money, says complete, but still not received.

cdelongogirl

I sent a friend money almost 2 weeks ago. It said Unclaimed for a few days, now it says Complete. She still hasn't received it yet. My bank account, which is what my PayPal is connected to, already shows that the money was deducted on my end. It has since a couple of days after I sent it. She hasn't used her email address that is connected to her PayPal account in a while. She says that email is now "inactive" (it was a yahoo account.) Would this have anything to do with her not receiving it? In my transaction history is shows her email as being "unverified." Would that make a difference if she could receive it or not? 

I was just going to cancel it earlier on when it still said Unclaimed, but when I went to do that it had already been changed to Complete. So of course I am not able to cancel it now. 

Yesterday she said a deposit of 17 cents had been added to her PayPal. What does that mean? Does it mean that the rest of the money will be on it's way? 

I have used PayPal several times, and this has just never happened to me. It has never taken so long. 

Is there anything I can do to find out why she hasn't received it? Or to have to money refunded back to my account? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

She did not have a negative balance?  If so, then it automatically paid that off.

I'd call paypal and get them to guide you through and see if they can sort out the problem, and where the problem occured.

Login to Me Too

cdelongogirl

A negative balance where? 

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Was her paypal account ever in negative?

for example, she had sold an item, withdrawed the money, a dispute was placed against her, she had to refund someone without having the money available - this would cause her balance to become negative.

could that be a possibility?

Login to Me Too

cdelongogirl

No. I get what you are saying, but something like that isn't the case. With her email still being unverified, and her just now receiving the small amounts of money, I am not sure if she has ever even used her PayPal account. I will have to ask her that. 

Does she have to be able to access that email account to be able to receive the money? I mean, would there be a link or something in an email that she would have to click on, that would direct her to accepting the money? 

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

She dont need to access that email to receive the money, it'll go to her paypal - paypal may have restricted the account if they seen the email was not valid,

Tell her to go to her email provider, recover that email address (customer support) or simply sign in, and maybe there is a recover option (i know there is on many email providers)

One that email is recovered, contact customer support and ask for the recently bounced emails to be re sent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.