Send Money- Personal tab lost

ray1314
Contributor
Contributor

I just feel strange that when I want to send money to someone else, there is no personal tab option that I could make use of in my account. And I see similar questions in the forum but no answer. Did anybody have any solution for that?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ray1314, and welcome to the forums!

This is the default when clicking the Personal tab after clicking Send Money on a US PayPal account:

Are you seeing something different than this?

If you include screen shots, please make sure to remove any personally identifiable information (yours or anyone else's) before posting the image.

Thank you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ray1314
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, nice to see the reply!

I could attach what I see after I logged in.  And it's different from your screen shot. Could you give me some further suggestion?

Untitled1.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ray1314,

If you select the choice for "I'm sending money to family or friends", it should give you the same personal payment options. It's just a different view from the account that I used for testing. There may be minor differences in the look, but the functionality should be the same.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ray1314
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Olivia,

Thanks for your help!

Yes, the view is different, but to the last step, the function is the same. I just guess it should be the same for everyone.

ray1314

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Happy to help!

Login to Me Too

helefa
New Community Member

I've got the same problem, just in my case there is no personal tab whatsoever. I signed up for paypal to send money to family and now I see I don't have this option. As well, no information was provided when I tried to search the help documents. Please advise

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi helefa, and welcome to the forums!

I'd be happy to clarify. You're actually running into something different than the original poster.

The personal payment feature is not available in all international markets. It sounds like you may have an account in a country where the personal payment feature is unavailable. You can use PayPal to shop for goods and services and make commercial transactions, but accounts that show the payment screen that matches your screenshot are not able to make personal payments.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.