Secure Cards, PayPal Plug-In?

wizard7926
Contributor
Contributor

Will I still be able to create one-time-use Secure Cards when the Plug-In is no longer available??

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

No, I think those have been disontinued since Paypal has its own debit/credit card now.

Login to Me Too

wizard7926
Contributor
Contributor

Considering I just used a Secure Card the other day.. no, it's not discontinued.  But the only way I know to access that service is through the PayPal Plug-In menu, and I really hope they don't end this service.  It really comes in handy for retailers that don't take PP online.

Login to Me Too

tpman

I am VERY unhappy to hear that PayPal is discontinuing the Plug-In as of September 22.  I have come to rely on it to make payments on websites that don't accept PayPal and I appreciate the security it offers.  Additionally, I use it for recurring payments and I will now have to find another provider.  The Plug-In has greatly increased my use of PayPal.  It's loss will likely drive me to take my business elsewhere. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

SandraQ
Contributor
Contributor

VERY UNHAPPY barely describes how I feel!  What could possibly motivate this stupid move.  Customer experience - doubt it.  It was one of the best things they came out with! 

I went to the options they are providing - none of which are secure - unless the merchant accepts Pay Pal!  Do you get the feeling they only want you to shop with the merchant list they provide???? 

I buy things at many places & I have a Pay Pal debit card but I certainly do not want to give my "real" card #.   From experience I know merchants keep that # on file irregardless of what they tell you.  I had a bogus charge & had to cancel my credit card because someone hacked into T J Max & used my # which had only been used there once - 3 years previously!!!  You can't trust any of them.  Hackers are everywhere. 

I would appreciate knowing from anyone out there who else offers a secure single-use card when shopping online.  My business is going to them.

Thanks

goodnewsfromgabriel

Login to Me Too

boodles
New Community Member

I'm right there with you! Smiley Mad  PayPay, if you're listening:  DO NOT DISCONTINUE PLUG-IN!! Unless, of course, you're intent is to lose customers.....Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

dharvn
Contributor
Contributor

i agree 100%.  i use it all the time.

Login to Me Too

unholy
New Community Member

do NOT discontinue paypal plug-in, it is one of the best feature on your site, whoever made this decision should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY.

the autofill feature , secure card feature will be missed, and i can guarentee you, your stock will drop by 33%, while google checkout will raise by 33%. 

Login to Me Too

sunniTX
New Community Member

Please please please reconsider your decision to discontinue Plug-in feature! That is the best service that you offer, & my usage of paypal will dwindle to next to nothing if it's gone.

Login to Me Too

Shop812
Contributor
Contributor

True.  Me, too.  But not after 9/22, apparently.  I'll find another source for doing my online transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.