Schedule recurring payment (outgoing, personal, not merchant)

katelebate
Contributor
Contributor

I send money to my  mom every month on pay pal, and currently it's just down to me to remember to login and send it to her every time. Is there any way that I can schedule a recurring payment to go out on the same day every month?

There are all kinds of solutions if you want to set something up on your website for a customer to subscribe and all that jazz, but I want to reverse the scenario and send the money away every month. I really can't ask my mom to set up a widget to allow me to subscribe to sending her money. It just wouldn't work.

Every bank in the universe seems to have this feature, but I don't want to have to pay the fee to transfer between banks and paper checks are such a hassle, even if you do schedule them to automatically go out on a certain day. If there's some kind of runaround that I haven't been able to find, could someone please point it out for me? If not, Pay Pal, can you please figure out a way to make this more user friendly? kthx.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

treeder
New Community Member

I'm also looking for this feature. 

Login to Me Too

GTReeds
New Community Member

I, too, am looking to use a feature like this... any help appreciated!

Login to Me Too

MavenMaude
New Community Member

I'm looking for the same function. Seems like a popular request. I hope someone has an answer.

Login to Me Too

kingIZZZY
New Community Member
I'd like this too please
Login to Me Too

paulkirby
New Community Member

I also need this feature.  I'm shipping out with the Army in April and wanted to set up a biweekly automatic payment schedule to a charity that I regularly send money to.

Right now, I just log in to my paypal account every two-weeks and send the funds manually, but I won't have internet access for months at a time and want to set up an automatic regular payment.

I can send out an automatic check through my bank, but that takes a lot longer than a Paypal transfer.

Login to Me Too

Enirac

Thought I would register my desire for a recurring personal payment option too.  

It ought to be an easy thing for PayPal to add, and I can't believe it isn't already an option!  It seems so obvious that I wonder if I'm missing something! 

Login to Me Too

Enirac

Just found this official Paypal answer to a similar question in another post.  I can't imagine why they make it so difficult!

______

Payment from one personal Paypal account to another

My son wants to make an automatic payment of $300 from his personal Paypal account to mine?  Can he set that up? Will there be any fee for the electronic transfer of funds?

Kudos: 60
Re: payment from one personal Paypal account to another 

MichaelfromCT,

In order to set up a repeating payment, he would need to create a Subscription or Recurring Payments button from the Merchant Services tab.  In both these scenarios, he would pay a receiving fee.  You can locate what PayPal charges for processing payments by clicking on the "Fees" at the bottom of any page.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.