Saving Messages I made(of order #'s and names I paid for) after making PayPal Payment

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

I am an E-Bay seller.  I buy my items from a supplier to sell on

E-Bay. 

When I make payment to PayPal, I list, in the message area, what the order #'s are and who the customer for that order # is.   The supplier receives this message and fills the order.

WHEN I GO TO PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY  there is NOTHING re: the Message I left...the information re: Order #'s and Customer names.  So when my supplier says they don't think I paid for a specific order, I HAVE NO WAY OF SHOWING THEM, BY PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY, that I paid for a specific Order and Customer Name.

WHY DO THEY ERASE ALL THIS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION?

I also tried to list the Order Numbers and Customer names in the YOU'VE GOT MONEY box(as suggested) BUT THAT IS ERASED TOO!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON????  PAYPAL IS NOT VERY HELPFUL IN THIS AREA.  HAVE GOTTEN NO HELP FROM THEM WHATSOEVER

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

I just sent a REAL payment to PayPal for an order made to my supplier.  NOTHING OF TITLE OR MESSAGE SHOWED IN THE PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY. 

Don

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled the unclaimed transaction but you might want to try refunding my 0.01 payment to you that did go through and include something in Title and Message boxes to see if it will save for you.

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Got the dime back from you.  Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, Dude,  it's not ranting(big letters).  It's to help readers read more easily.

You did not come up with a resolution.  Even the PayPal reps were confused as to why they didn't have the very simple solution of SAVING the message or title with the order #'s and names.  They did some tests to try to SAVE the messages and couldn't and apologized profusely for not knowing how to deal with this.

If I'm paying PayPal hundreds of dollars for using their service, then as a customer I am entitled to some help and some answers...not to make more work for myself.  As it is, I'm working 10 hrs a day on this new E-BAY business and need to streamline and expedite as much as possible.  Yes, it's OK to ask PayPal to help out and do a better job.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.