Saving Messages I made(of order #'s and names I paid for) after making PayPal Payment

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

I am an E-Bay seller.  I buy my items from a supplier to sell on

E-Bay. 

When I make payment to PayPal, I list, in the message area, what the order #'s are and who the customer for that order # is.   The supplier receives this message and fills the order.

WHEN I GO TO PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY  there is NOTHING re: the Message I left...the information re: Order #'s and Customer names.  So when my supplier says they don't think I paid for a specific order, I HAVE NO WAY OF SHOWING THEM, BY PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY, that I paid for a specific Order and Customer Name.

WHY DO THEY ERASE ALL THIS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION?

I also tried to list the Order Numbers and Customer names in the YOU'VE GOT MONEY box(as suggested) BUT THAT IS ERASED TOO!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON????  PAYPAL IS NOT VERY HELPFUL IN THIS AREA.  HAVE GOTTEN NO HELP FROM THEM WHATSOEVER

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

I did what you said... In Payment Notification there's only the 4 options:

I receive money with PayPal

I request money with PayPal

I receive PayPal Website Payments and Instant Purchases

I make a scheduled subscription payment.

NONE of these refer to me making a Payment

Thanks,

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

You are right about the listed options.  I am not sure which one turns on the Payment notifications, because I have them all turned on.  Are yours all turned on?  If not, then try turning them on and see what happens.  Send me a test payment $1.00 to PayPal AT stevehogan DOT com  (the forum won't let me let my email address in regular format, but you can figure it out)  with some info in the message area and see if you also get an email detailing the transaction.  I will refund it to you right away and then email you a copy of the email I got from you.

Steve

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

I will try this.  I need your domain name for PayPal name  stevehogan@???.com.  Tried what you gave me, won't work.  All 4 of the Notification e-mails is turned on so we'll see what happens once I get PayPal name from you.

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

my email is Paypal(AT)stevehogan(DOT)com.   The Domain Name is really stevehogan.com  anyd my PayPal name for the email is PayPal.   stevehogan(AT)stevehogan(DOT)com will also work

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

I sent a payment to      It shows UNCLAIMED. 

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Now things are really getting weird.  I did not get the payment email and it does not shw in my account.  Please verify the email address and make sure you didn't typo it.  If you did, then cancel toe payment and lets try again.  BTW, did you get a notification email that you sent the payment?

Steve

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I used

Received a notice of payment, but only note was NOT the message but UNCLAIMED.

I'll try again.

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure you log into your account and cancel the unclaimed transaction.

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Just to let you know....your s does NOT work, but  DOES work.

You can just send me the $1 refund if you want...see if the message save thing will work for YOU.

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

I just sent you the refund.  I will make a payment to you and then I will send you my copy of that transaction

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.