Saving Messages I made(of order #'s and names I paid for) after making PayPal Payment

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

I am an E-Bay seller.  I buy my items from a supplier to sell on

E-Bay. 

When I make payment to PayPal, I list, in the message area, what the order #'s are and who the customer for that order # is.   The supplier receives this message and fills the order.

WHEN I GO TO PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY  there is NOTHING re: the Message I left...the information re: Order #'s and Customer names.  So when my supplier says they don't think I paid for a specific order, I HAVE NO WAY OF SHOWING THEM, BY PAYPAL TRANSACTION HISTORY, that I paid for a specific Order and Customer Name.

WHY DO THEY ERASE ALL THIS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION?

I also tried to list the Order Numbers and Customer names in the YOU'VE GOT MONEY box(as suggested) BUT THAT IS ERASED TOO!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON????  PAYPAL IS NOT VERY HELPFUL IN THIS AREA.  HAVE GOTTEN NO HELP FROM THEM WHATSOEVER

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Ratherr than rant about it ( in unnecessarily large letters), solve the problem.

I keep all of my business-related emails in separate files in my regular email account  - I just create a new folder every month.

It wouldn't be hard to make separate folders for purchases and sales or to separate ebay and Paypal emails.

Then you could use the search box in your email to find the stuff.

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Try downloading the history of these payments in CSV format.  All the fields, including, I believe, comment fields are included.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  How would I then list the following orders I would make:

#682456(Scott)     #682457(Bromley)    #673542(Arrieta)

Thanks,

Don

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to do the commas,  no luck.  I might not have done it the right way.

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Log in.  Click on History, Download History, enter the date range of the transactions, select "Comma Delimited - All Activity", then click the download History button at the bottom.  That will dump everything in your PayPal file for that period. 

You can open the file with Excel.  Then you can sort it, slice it, dice it however you want.  I THINK your comments will show up in that file.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

I tried this out.  No luck. 

Thanks for trying.

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

There has got to be a way.  Now you have me curious.  I will mess around with this over the weekend and see what I can figure out.

Login to Me Too

mrtiny67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

Way to go!!! I like your spirit of seeking resolution.  I talked with a couple of PayPal reps and they admit it's BIG PROBLEM.  PayPal was supposed to solve my problem of being able to refer back to payments I made to my supplier for certain orders I placed and the customer name for that order.  The Order # Number and Name is saved FOR THE SUPPLIER I SEND MY PAYMENTS TO...but NOT FOR ME.  So...I don't get the same information of order # and customer name as the supplier does.  So if supplier says I haven't paid for a certain order #, I can't go back to PayPal transaction history, to a certain day, and find the MESSAGE that I specifically wrote about the order # and customer.  I have to ask the SUPPLIER to look in THEIR transaction history...and that really irks them. 

I'm disappointed that PayPal hasn't given me an answer after a week of asking.

Thanks for your help,

Don

Login to Me Too

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

OK.  I just tried the reports and you are right.  The payment message field is not there.  However, here is an idea that MIGHT help.  Go into your profile settings and under Notifications, turn on the email notifications for payments.  This will cause an email to be sent to you for every payment you send out.  That email will include the transaction ID, payment infop and the message portion of the payment transaction.  Then, if you put all of these emails in a folder on your email client, you can then search that folder for the sale number you are looking for (assuming your email cleint can search content, which mine can).    I just tried this and it does work.  Clumsy, I admit, but better than nothing.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.