Question About "Bill Me Later" & "Send Money"

Musichead
New Community Member

1. I'm looking to make a purchase for something off of Craigslist, and I'm wondering can I use "Bill Me Later" to pay the merchant? The reason I ask this is because when I read the FAQS about "Bill Me Later" it only discussed making purchases from companies, not just random individuals. So is this possible?

2. When I purchase something through "Send Money," does Pay Pal hold the money until the package is shipped to me and I sign for it? Or how does that work? As far as making sure you get what you're paying for and the merchant can't scam you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

1. I can't answer #1, but the answer to #2 is no.

Generally, if you have any doubts about the transaction, post the details, including ny email correspondence, here and we'll have a look at it.

Craigslist is generally thought to be best for something tht you will inspect in person and pay with cash on the spot - paypal's not really designed for it. 

Login to Me Too

fnpd_cq
Contributor
Contributor

To help answer question #1, no, you can't use BIll Me Later to "Send Money".  Bill Me Later can only be used during a PayPal merchant checkout or thru an eBay checkout (where applicable). 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.