Reply to topic
Musichead New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Question About "Bill Me Later" & "Send Money"

1. I'm looking to make a purchase for something off of Craigslist, and I'm wondering can I use "Bill Me Later" to pay the merchant? The reason I ask this is because when I read the FAQS about "Bill Me Later" it only discussed making purchases from companies, not just random individuals. So is this possible?

2. When I purchase something through "Send Money," does Pay Pal hold the money until the package is shipped to me and I sign for it? Or how does that work? As far as making sure you get what you're paying for and the merchant can't scam you.

0 Kudos
surplusdealdude Volunteer Advisor
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 485
Accepted Solutions: 107

Re: Question About

1. I can't answer #1, but the answer to #2 is no.

Generally, if you have any doubts about the transaction, post the details, including ny email correspondence, here and we'll have a look at it.

Craigslist is generally thought to be best for something tht you will inspect in person and pay with cash on the spot - paypal's not really designed for it. 

0 Kudos
fnpd_cq Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: Question About

To help answer question #1, no, you can't use BIll Me Later to "Send Money".  Bill Me Later can only be used during a PayPal merchant checkout or thru an eBay checkout (where applicable). 

0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count